Looking for Partnership Looking for Consultant Looking for Extra EU Funds
I'm representing the Wheel-rail interface research group as a part of Department of Tribology, Brno University of Technology. The group is engaged in basic and applied research into the tribology of the wheel-rail interface and the development of technology for friction management. We provide a wide range of facilities for experimental research and development. Our activities cover:
- Testing of friction modifiers, lubricants and traction enhancers; development of testing methodology.
- Development of friction management techniques (wheel-flange lubrication, top-of-rail conditioning, sanding).
- Development of airless systems for friction management (lubrication and sanding).
- Research into curving noise and development of mitigation techniques (actively controlled lubrication and top-of-rail conditioning).
- Research into “wet-rail” phenomenon and low-adhesion problem.
- Research and implementation of digital twin-based approach of friction layer in the wheel-rail interface for friction and wear prediction.
Keywords and matching areas:
1 year ago