Debate on the future of Europe - Europe for Citizens Programme
Deadline: 1 September 2017
Lead partner: Municipality of Sicily – IT
Description of the project offered:
Municipalities and associations working together on a common theme in a long-term perspective may wish todevelop networks of towns to make their cooperation more sustainable. Networking between municipalitieson issues of common interest appears to be an important means for enabling the exchange of good practices.
The European Commission supports the development of such networks, which are important for ensuringstructured, intense and multifaceted cooperation, therefore contributing to maximizing the impact of theProgramme.
Networks of Towns are expected to:
• Integrate a range of activities around the subject(s) of common interest to be addressed in the context of the Programme’s objectives or annual priorities;
Have defined target groups for which the selected themes are particularly relevant and involve communitymembers active in the subject area ( experts, local associations, citizens and citizens’ groups directlyaffected by the theme, etc.);
• Serve as a basis for future initiatives and actions between the towns involved, on the issues addressed or possibly on further issues of common interest.
Specific priority for "Democratic engagement and civic participation" (strand 2):
... please, contact us in private for more informations, thanks.
Description of the collaboration sought:
• Towns/municipalities or their twinning committees or networks;
• Other levels of local/regional authorities;
• Federations/associations of local authorities.
• Non-profit organisations representing local authorities.
A project must involve municipalities from at least 4 eligible countries.
Organisation types sought:Public administration, Education, Research, Non-governmental organisation (NGO).
Will be preferred partners from Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, Slovakia, Poland, Sweden and cities with more than inhabitants