Znanje tujih jezikov za kakovostnejšo internaciona..
Znanje tujih jezikov za kakovostnejšo internacionalizacijo
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
The accelerated internationalisation of BC Naklo imposes even greater demands on its students and staff with regard to foreign language competence. As a result of global and European integration processes, BC Naklo's pupils and students are involved in a study process and labour market which are increasingly characterised by internationalisation. Pupils, students and employees are therefore faced with the need to acquire new requirements skills and competences, of which a strong level of competence in knowledge of foreign languages takes centre stage. The research, which was conducted by our employees as part of their master's theses, revealed an interesting fact –30% of the employees surveyed were not involved in international project work due to their poor knowledge of foreign languages. Since our aim is ensure all our employees are involved at the hub of the internationalisation process, we consider it essential to carry out a project in which we contribute to improving our employees' foreign language abilities. The ways in which these will be upgraded are manifold, which will also allow for the inclusion in our strategic development of a wider range of new competences and experience acquired by the staff members involved in the project.
The project proposal largely meets the objectives and goals of international cooperation addressed by BC Naklo. Through structured courses, education and training abroad, our aim is to improve the knowledge and use of foreign languages among our employees in all aspects of the centre's activities, which is also the project's main objective:
- Foreign language teachers: in addition to improving their language skills, to acquire new knowledge of teaching approaches through the use of new teaching methods or tools.
-Other teachers: our aim is provide the encouragement required for them to become more involved in the work carried out in the future international operations of the centre.
- Administrative staff: to improve their language skills in order to help the centre's future levels of cooperation and involvement in international projects.
The other objectives of the project are as follows:
- To foster a better understanding of social and cultural diversity.
- To incorporate innovative teaching approaches into the day-to-day work of teachers of foreign languagesby adjusting the content, methods and forms of work involved, thereby better responding to the needs of individuals.
- To increase BC Naklo's exposure to the international environment.
- To further develop new partnerships with organisations involved in education, employment and other areas.
- To increase the mobility of teachers, professionals, managers and administrative staff abroad, thereby providing them with the opportunity to gain experience and develop key and professional competencies in the international learning environment.
- To raise awareness about the need to obtain professional qualifications, skills and key competencies in the international environment.
- To make use of European tools for the recognition and validation of knowledge, skills and competences acquired abroad.
- To foster positive attitudes towards European projects and increase the operational capacity of BC Naklo in the international environment.
In this project, we plan to carry out 12 mobilities, 3 mobilities for teachers of foreign languages, 4 mobilities for other teachers and 5 mobilities for other professional staff, school managers and administrative personnel.
- The implementation of 12mobilities.
- To improve the foreign language skills of those taking part in the mobilities.
- The implementation of at least 5of the mobilities presented.
- At least 5 appearances in the school, local and regional media.
- The establishment of new contacts with foreign partners.
We will prepare an in-house call and determine the criteria for the participants. They will be provided with all the logistical and organisational support required from the project co-ordinator, who will also ensure that the project is carried out in accordance with the plans and goals set. All the participants will also receive cultural and pedagogical preparation. After the mobilities, we will conduct an evaluation with all the participants, followed by dissemination of the results.
The project will also contribute to increasing the centre's exposure to the international environment. The centre will gain new contacts abroad and expand its network of international partnerships, potentially leading to new future projects. This will undoubtedly engender a positive attitude towards the European project for all the participants involved.
The acquisition of new language skills, competencies, skills and innovative pedagogical approaches will help the mobility participants shape their relationships and attitudes, with which the challenges presented by the workplace and life in general will be overcome with greater ease and ease and effectiveness.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation