Zlepšení kvality výuky ošetřovatelství v angličtin..
Zlepšení kvality výuky ošetřovatelství v angličtině a zavedení výuky předmětu ošetřovatelství v němčině na Střední zdravotnické škole Beroun
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
The Secondary Medical School Beroun has made efforts in a long-term to enter into partnership in the scope of other European Union countries, to share professional knowledge and experience in the field of paramedical staff education, to increase internationalisation of the school and to gain a European added value. The school took part in the project “European Money for Schools”. Within this project, a new subject “Nursing in English” was certified by Ministry of Education. It was subsequently implemented both into the teaching practice and into the School Education Programme.
Because of increasing need of language diversity in the European labour market, growing demands on both pedagogical staff of the school and students with respect to their language competence in the field of professional foreign language and to rise competitiveness of school graduates in the European labour market, we would like to improve quality and extend an offer of a professional foreign language teaching by means of participation in the Erasmus Plus Project, Key Action 1 – Mobility for School Education Staff.
In conformity with the aims of Erasmus Plus Programme and European Development Plan of our school, following aims of the project were defined:
1. Intensification of school internationalisation and European added value implementation to the educational process
2. The increase of school graduates competitiveness
3. Improvement of Nursing non-native teachers´ linguistic competence in English and German language in order to improve the quality of “Nursing in English” subject teaching as well as the creation of curriculum and teaching materials for a new subject “Nursing in German”
4. Improvement of didactic competences of pedagogical staff, focused on new methodical techniques and methods of teaching process organisation, especially CLIL, and their application in “Nursing in English” teaching in order to improve the quality and effectiveness of teaching process
5. Innovation of current teaching methods and curriculums in order to create a new syllabus and teaching materials for “Nursing in German” teaching
6. Improvement of specialised content knowledge of English and German language teachers in the field of Nursing in order to improve the “Nursing in English” content quality and in order to create a new syllabus and teaching materials for “Nursing in German” teaching
n order to fulfil these aims pedagogical staff members of the school will be chosen to participate in six courses in Great Britain and Germany:
1. Qualified English language teacher will participate in two week CLIL Methodology course in Great Britain in order to improve the quality of “Nursing in English” teaching and to innovate teaching materials, syllabus and organisational methods for its teaching.
2. Qualified Nursing teacher will participate in two week General English Intensive course in Great Britain in order to improve his or her language competences enough to ensure the “Nursing in English” teaching with the use of CLIL, it means at least B1 of CECR.
3. Qualified English language teacher and qualified Nursing teacher whose English language level is at least B1 of CECR, will participate in two week combined course of English in Nursing in Great Britain in order to cooperate and support each other in the improvement and further realisation of “Nursing in English” teaching.
4. Qualified German language teacher and qualified Nursing teacher whose German language level is at least B2 of CECR, will participate in two week combined course of German in Nursing in Germany in order to cooperate and support each other in the formation of a new syllabus, which is necessary for accreditation of “Nursing in German” subject and its further teaching.
A project team was created to ensure management and realisation of the project. It consists of project manager, school economist, Nursing, English and German qualified teachers. The above mentioned courses for pedagogical staff will be realised in cooperation with course providers who will be chosen by project team and who will ensure accommodation, meals, high quality content of the courses based on the needs specified by course participants in “Needs analysis” form, information about conditions, organisation and content of the courses early enough before the course beginning. Course providers will fill in and verify European certificates “Language Passport” and “Mobility” to certify the achievement of the course aims.
Evaluation of the project aims achievement will be realised e.g. in the form of seminars for pedagogical staff and partner medical organisation employees, newspaper articles publication, presentation of the project results and debates in the school website and social network, teaching materials publication etc.
In a long term, Erasmus Plus project will bring a European dimension to the school and region and it will improve competitiveness of the graduates in a European labour market.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation