Zagraniczny staż inspiracją do poznawania europejs..
Zagraniczny staż inspiracją do poznawania europejskiego rynku pracy
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
The sending institution is Zespół Szkół im. T. Kościuszki in Żarki a local school. About 400 students attends to the school. The receiving institution is Associação Intercultural Amigos da Mobilidade which supports programmes that promote international mobilities. In the project there are 3 groups of 16 students from technical schools of hospitality, organization of catering services, advertising and IT, each group has its keeper/ carer. They are students from II-III classes who have little experience in their professions.
The objectives of the project are consistent with the Erasmus+ objectives. The main objective is improvement of our students` professional competence as well as their communicative skills of English, that meets their needs directly. These are the most important factors that decide about the usefulness of the students in the labour market.
There is quite high unemployment in our area – one of the highest in the country.
By taking part in the project the students will get new qualifications and professional experience in the fields of hospitality, organization of catering services, advertising and IT, they will get to know new IT technologies not available at school, and in the result they will serve customers in hotels and restaurants better and more efficiently according to their needs and European standards. They will get familiar with Portuguese cuisine and the specificity of Portuguese restaurant functioning (its culture, customs, eating habits).
The students will improve their language skills through effective communication using professional English at work and their everyday English.
To provide high quality of the project the following actions will be carried out:
• Partner selection - AIAM is an organisation with a large experience in organising EU projects, which was recommended by our befriended school as reliable, that guarantees a high quality of the project implementation
• The recruitment will be based on clear criteria, that will take into account the key areas for the quality of the project, which is the knowledge of English and students` vocational training that provides equal opportunity for all candidates regardless of gender, origin or any other factors
• Language preparation – the English course of 60 lessons will be organized in a Language School – separately for hospitality, organization of catering services, advertising and IT. Students will be provided with books for learning English with a CD for independent practice after classes.
• For the cultural preparation - sensitivity and tolerance workshop will be conducted in dimension of five hours which will prepare students for work and beyond it, in a group that is different because of its foreign language as well as culture.
• Workshops carried out by a psychologist (5 hours) will show the young people how to deal with stress and how to behave in new, difficult situations.
The students will receive support from both - the sending and the receiving institutions at each stage of the project.
They will be insured for the journey and stay in Portugal in terms of KL, NNW and OC.
The sending institution will organise the airport shuttle and the flight to Portugal and back. The receiving institution will provide the airport shuttle from the airport to the accommodation and back as well as the local transport.
The accommodation will take place in double and triple rooms with a bathroom and the Internet access, the board is in the accommodation. The living conditions and the food will be adapted to the students` health preferences (allergies, special diets, etc.), that will be agreed with the partner in advance.
The training programme and the students` workplaces will be agreed with the partner and adapted to the students' language abilities and to their needs and expectations. Regular monitoring of students will be performed by the keepers-teachers from Poland and from the partner`s side. They will both carry out the evaluation of the project. The measurable effect of the participation in the project will be obtaining a Europass Mobility certificate and the certificate from the receiving institution. The promotion of results will be directed primarily to:
• employers from the surrounding area where we would like to show the development of our students through professional mobility;
• high school students, to convince them to choose our school as a continuation of their education path and participation in our next projects;
• the authority conducting our school – to get support and approval for further projects from them – as they see the students positive effects of participation in the training programme, as well as the school and our region.
We know how to manage a project as a school , we took part in LdV IVT projects and VETPRO. We will make every effort to ensure that the quality of our project is at the highest level. The training will take place in Portugal in April and September 2016 and March 2017.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation