Youth in Sports: capacity building for young commu..
Youth in Sports: capacity building for young community sports entrepreneurs
Start date: Apr 1, 2015,
End date: Mar 31, 2017
The overall objective of this project is to build social entrepreneurial skills in young people interested in managing sports organisations. This will be achieved through creating a training path and European certification for young people (18-30) who are involved with sports organisations either as athletes or as members of the organisation, to provide them with the skills necessary to manage a sports organisation following the principles and values of a community social enterprise, such as:
• Conceiving the sports environment as a space to foster and promote social inclusion;
• Adopting a holistic, athlete-focused approach;
• Providing on-going training to coaches based on EDUCO project (518616-LLP-1-2011-1-IT-GRUNDTVIG-GMP) training package (www.educoproject.eu);
• Re-investing profit in the community (for example through offering community services to families and athletes to accompany sports activities, depending on community needs).
At the end of the training course, the participants will conclude their training at a summer camp in Turkey, where they will meet their European peers and social entrepreneurs from across Europe and will develop and present their own "social business plan". A platform will be created to be managed by them, which willl allow them to continue to share their work and might be the embrio for a future network of European social community sports organisations.
In order to achieve this, specific objectives are:
1. Creation of a training curriculum tailored to the social management of a sports organisation. This will include:
• Elements of management of a community social enterprise
• Sports clubs as a space fostering social inclusion
• Athlete-focused approach
• Children and families
• Community role and provision of wider services
2. Creation of an EU-level qualification (EU SOCIAL SPORTS MANAGEMENT PASSPORT) based on a self-assessment framework, following the model developed in the project EDUCO (518616-LLP-1-2011-1-IT-GRUNDTVIG-GMP).
3. Creation of a Platform which will represent an embrionic Network of future European Community Sports Organisations.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation