Youth for Food and Agriculture Sovereignity
Start date: Jun 17, 2014,
End date: Jan 31, 2015
YFAS will take place in Bulgaria hosted by Za Zemiata at the Forest Centre Chatuma at Beglika lake, in Pazardzhik province, Bulgaria.
It will be a training event, bringing together young people from the neighbouring regions with peers from other FoEE groups for a 7-day event for learning and training around the theme "food and agricultural sovereignty".
The training activity will consist of a range of sessions and activities:
- Sessions to learn about the activities of European youth organisations on issues related to food and agriculture, with special focus on youth groups from neighbouring countries and Bulgaria,
- Run content workshops explaining some of the political challenges facing us in Europe and the World, related to food and agriculture, including green economy and jobs,
- Run practical sessions related to taking action for better food production, for example workshop on making 'seed bombs’, visiting organic farms, etc, to give practical skills for positive action,
- Skill-share sessions on working with young people, supporting local volunteer groups, developing diversity in groups, and on innovative campaigning and effective fundraising and project management,
- 'Open space' planning sessions to define and make action plans together for the future, in particular in terms of 2015 European Year of Development.
The training programme will consist of a variety of non formal learning techniques, including participant led skills-share, audio-visuals, small group work, visits, etc. All participants will build skills and experience covering all the themes of project, and have an opportunity to build specific skills in: fundraising, campaigning and project management. The event will be run on a horizontal basis with all participants and partners taking an active role to lead sessions, make decisions and help with the running of the logistics.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation