Youth for equality, equity and peace
Start date: May 1, 2015,
End date: Jan 31, 2016
As it is important to foster active youth involment locally it is also very, very important to teach youth of the international dimension of the wider defifnition of democracy. Especially in todays world the topic of exclusion amongst youth is more relevant than ever. we see more and more youth being excluded in one way or another - with the excluding youth not careing about the excluded youth. this exchange sets out to come up with goals for better inclusion througout the region.
We will bring youth from the region together to get a common understanding of the topics of equality, equity and peace. Each topic could host a number of project themselves but by combining them into one project only we try to give youth a view to the greater perspective of social in- and exclusion (by origin, by religion, by sexual preference and so on), genderrelated issues, economical issues. During the exchange we also will provide the participants with direct access to the politicians and civil servants of their own cities as well as other cities around northern europe. This is a platform where the youth will express their concerns and give possible solutions.
This partner groups has its roots in the youth commission of the union of the baltic cities (UBC) - a union of 100+ cities around the baltic sea - each city represented by the mayor, politicians and a number of civil servants being members of one or more of the 13 different commission. At the moment there is around 20 active cities in the youth commission
Two of our partners (Turku, FI & Gävle, SE) have been long-time partners of ours with respect to other activities. During such activities the idea formed and we developed the project idea. The remaining partners were selected by informing our networks of the posibility to join this project - as the aim was to gather as many participants as possible for the project. From the respones we got we got in contact, talked about the project idea and finally chose the remaining partners
Participants will after the project have increased
- their personal and social skills
- their awareness about themselves, their own strengths and weaknesses
- their awareness of problems related to lack of equality, lack of economical possibilities
- their circle of friends
- their knowledge about other cultures
- their intercultural communication skills
- their level of English
- their attitude to non-formal education
- their understanding of issues and challenges common to them as well to the young people from other countries.
the participating organisations will have achieved
- more knowledge about the potential of youth
- more knowledge about the "youth way" of defining problematic issues
- increased knowlegde about inter-organisational project work
- increased networks for future project work - not only youth projects but even also coopertion on other issues
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation