Start date: Jun 11, 2015,
End date: Oct 10, 2015
The project has been derived from a a need of young people in becoming more included in the democratic process and being activate citizen, it's our mission to support young people to have a voice in matters that affects them in Local, National and European level, and that their voice is heard by policy makers and become full participant in the wider European politics, and final increase young people involved in the project to develop the skills to increase their levels of employability.
Objectives of project :
The main aim of the project is for young people
1) To foster civic responsibility by teaching young people how to participate effectively in a democracy.
2) To learn about the people, processes, and the institutions most effective in improving community conditions, such as there own struggle with unemployment.
3)To develop skills necessary to participate in policy making and grass roots youth delivery service.
4)Increase self-reliance are increased through non formal activities thus becoming fully participating in the wider communities , integration and social cohesion becomes easier for the most isolated young people in the community.
5) the participating youth will get an enhanced knowledge about how they can influence their own and other young people’s situation by influencing and participating in processes where decisions about youth policy are made and, at the same time, get to know young people and their countries and cultures.
Youth Connect will be organizing an exchange programme in London, England during Jun 2015 (10 Days) which will bring together 48 youngsters from four different countries including UK,Finland, Denmark and Norway.
the methodologies used on this project will be based on be based on a non-formal approach to education. This means that the activities will be interactive and will require active participation from the participants. The methods used will include plenary discussions, small group work, presentations, games, role play, energizers and also there will be time devoted to a study visit. There will be a social programme during the evenings and participants will also have the opportunity to present their cultures to the rest of the group in a fun and creative way.
1) The expected outcome of the project for young people will be develop the soft skills such as team working, confidence building and communication of young people and will support the notion of solidarity and citizenship and develop this notion further. and finally young people will develop the knowledge, skills and opportunity to ‘have a voice’ in their community
2)Young people will access to wide range of policy makers to influence policy local and wider European level.
3) Many young people will gain the confidence to carry on with whatever they had in mind in terms of accomplishing their ambitions in life and do not let the filthy society get in their way.
4)They will also learn how to challenge certain individual behaviors. it also addresses issues related to mobility including employment and education and will encourage responsibility and focus on commonalties of youths and help dispense the idea of isolation and exclusion.
5)Improve young people’s understanding of the potential routes to employment, training, education or youth services
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation