Youth 4 Environmental Sustainability-YES
Start date: May 11, 2015,
End date: May 10, 2017
Training Course will gather 32 young people from Spain, Bulgaria, Turkey, Latvia, Croatia, Italy, Armenia, Georgia, Ukraine and Moldova in order to share opinions about the concept of Sustainable Development and take responsibility to actively participate in shaping a sustainable world. In other words, the TC will be about empowering young people to foster sustainable development in their communities as well as discussing and addressing main environmental challenges on local and the global levels. The TC will take place from 8 to 16 June, 2015 in Yerevan, Armenia and will last 9 days.
The main objectives of the Training Course are:
- to empower motivated young people to become active in their civil society to foster sustainable development,
- to provide the participants with basic knowledge about sustainable development,
- to reflect on own attitudes and actions of participants regarding sustainability,
- to share ideas and opinions about the present and future environmental challeneges,
- to stimulate collaboration among participants from EU and non-EU partner countries in the field of Sustainable Development.
During the TC young people will have a unique opportunity to discuss the idea of sustainable development and learn about the interaction between the four dimensions of Sustainable Development - environment, society, culture and economy as well as inter-generational and global fairness. Furthermore questions on the local and the global level would be addressed. In order to make the content of the TC more interesting for participants, chosen topics within the theme of Sustainable Development will be connected to their everyday life. Thus they will be able to bring in their own experiences and implement what they have learned later on.
The idea of the Training Course is not only to give knowledge, but competences to act. Hence, mainly non-formal learning methods will be applied, such as workshops, discussions, group works, outdoor activities, city game, field visits, etc.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation