Your vocational training - your Europe!
Start date: Jan 1, 2015,
End date: Dec 31, 2016
The mobility project (pool project) is aimed at 50 trainees that are between 18 and 25 years old and have studied or are currently studying in the following fields:
- Aircraft Mechanics/ electronics for aviation systems
- Pharmaceutical and Veterinary Medical technician/ assistant
- Commercial assistant with the focus on "logistics"
- Event- and Marketingmanager/in
The project will be coordinated by Education GmbH in cooperation with the following vocational schools and training companies:
• DACHSER GmbH & Co. KG
• MTU Maintenance Hannover GmbH
• Institut für Wissen und Bildung Plauen
• my euregio academy GmbH Aachen
Promotion of students from other vocational schools and training companies could be enabled according to the project capacity.
The project addresses trainees in such professions which are:
- trained in international operating companies and will possibly work in companies all over Europe after graduation (international experiences are essential)
- trained in a profession that operates increasingly beyond the borders of Germany and therefore requires foreign language skills and intercultural experiences (economic development through the joint venture approach)
- dealing with clients from different cultures and in different languages (e.g. event and conference management)
The objectives of the project are:
- Secure and expand theoretical knowledge of the trainees trough practical implementations
- Gain additional expertise (new methods, approaches, processes in the respective vocational fields)
- Deepen knowledge of foreign languages (general and subject-specific) and apply them in a professional environment at the internship
- Gain confidence in dealing with people from other cultures and increase social and intercultural skills
- Increase personal and professional self-confidence
The project dates and duration (13 weeks) and the target countries are coordinated with the educational institutions in advance. These are adjusted to the above mentioned objectives, training needs of the trainees and guidelines of their respective educational institutions.
Trainees are promoted from the 2nd and 3rd year of training on, so that theoretical knowledge and/ or professional experience can be provided by the trainee as a solid foundation for an internship of quality. Each educational institution establishes the practical training content. These are based on the teaching and training plan of the training course and are the substantive basis of the planned internship abroad. This is coordinated in cooperation with the receiving facilities in advance, with the result that the content quality of the project is ensured.
The placement supervisors abroad are encouraged to verify the compliance with the training content, to ensure the development of the respective competences of the participants.
In order to secure the administrative course of action of the work placement abroad and to make it transparent for the participants, all trainees are prepared by the lead partner during information events or with Skype conferences. During the conference, the project data, administrative procedure, project quality controls and validation requirements of the work placement will be discussed.
The linguistic preparation of the participants is done by electronic means (language modules and e-learning courses on the Internet) or in the form of traditional specialist language courses, organized by the training companies, vocational schools or the lead partner. The intercultural preparation is carried out in cooperation with the host companies and will point out the main differences and similarities between Germany and the host country in the professional and private life. The exchange of personal experiences with other project participants and the communication via social media are recommended by the lead partner and appropriate instructions are given.
The goals of the mobility initiative are the following:
- Increase professional skills through practical implementation of theoretical knowledge
- Additional qualification of the participants (learning about new processes, methods and approaches in the respective professional area during the internship)
- Reduction of language barriers by using a foreign language (in written form as well as verbally)/ increasing confidence in using a foreign language
The project will be implemented starting from March 2015.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation