Start date: May 1, 2015,
End date: Jul 31, 2016
“XXX” at the YES Forum welcomes young people who are motivated to volunteer, but face obstacles due to difficult economic background. We are focusing on those who otherwise would not have had the possibility or motivation to go abroad and meet other cultures.
The volunteer will work in the secretariat in Stuttgart and will be involved in the daily administration of a European network of organisations working with and for young vulnerable people. Thus, it is mostly administration work with a clear link to our European activities, which also includes travels.
The tasks will be mainly related to:
• Assisting in on-going projects in which the Y.E.S. Forum is involved (e.g. youth exchanges and other transnational mobility opportunities for young people)
• Assisting in the organisation of YES Forum events and conferences (e.g. the Y.E.S. Forum General Assembly, Project Planning Meeting).
• Assisting in daily administrative tasks
• Contributing to the bi-monthly newsletter, updating the organisations’ website, social media (Facebook and Twitter)
The volunteer must work 30 hours per week, which also includes the language and other training activities relating to the EVS. The young person will mainly work in our Stuttgart secretariat and will be part of the team working there. The frequency of traveling to project meetings and other YES Forum events depends, however, on the project schedule. Furthermore the volunteer will also have time and space for initiating activities in an area of special interest. However it needs to be matching to the organisation’s mission and work.
Thus the volunteer will acquire skills which are important for the future development with regard to education, training and employment:
• enhanced communication skills, team working skills, taking over own responsibilities in organising projects
• digital skills
• inter-cultural skills, knowledge about the region Stuttgart as well as European regions we are working with in our projects
• language skills in German and English
The volunteering will also gain a:
• a deeper understanding of European citizenship, European policy issues and European programmes in the field of social and youth affairs
• concrete experiences in transnational project work with young people and youth workers (organisation, facilitation of activities)
According to the EVS Charter, the YES Forum will take care of all responsibilities as a hosting and coordinating organisation.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation