YES - Youth Employability Skills
Start date: Sep 1, 2015,
End date: Jun 30, 2017
“YES – Youth Employability Skills” is a long term EVS project which focuses on long term unemployed youngsters who want to improve their practical skills while doing their EVS tasks at Olde Vechte and a variety of organizations in and around Ommen. Olde Vechte Foundation functions as a host and coordinating organization for the youngsters.
This project is exclusively for youngsters who are unemployed for more than twelve months, who are lower educated (vocational education) and who fit the criteria of less opportunity by the Erasmus+ program.
We apply for 15 young volunteers. The EVS volunteers will stay for twelve months from 01/01/2016 – 31/12/2016. The volunteers will be coming from our fifteen partner organisations in: Albania, Bulgaria, Spain, France, Italy, Lithuania, Latvia, Macedonia, Portugal, Romania, Iceland, Luxembourg and Czech Republic.
During the EVS placement the volunteer will gain more insight regarding the current labour market, labour ethos, working styles, norms and values, etc. The volunteer learns how the Dutch labour market is and its market and its working styles. The volunteer will gain more professional and personal competences. The volunteer works alongside Dutch volunteers and will be a lot in contact with the local community of Ommen. During this project the youngsters will gain skills, competences and knowledge regarding the current labour market in Europe and how they can adapt to this situation their home countries in order to create fulfilment in their life after the EVS placement.
We promote the EVS project as a personal EVS project in which the volunteer is the active actor in shaping the EVS according to his learning goals. The method we use is learning by doing and the activities and organizations where they can gain new skills and competences are of a wide variety.
The theme of the project is employability, through learning by experience method. Our objectives during the project are:
• To give an EVS experience for twelve months to fifteen long-term unemployed, low educated youngsters;
• to increase at young people's personal and professional growth and inclusion in the society;
• to let them get acquainted to the Dutch culture in order to increase cultural understanding of the European Union and create a sense of European citizenship.
• to provide them with activities and opportunities to develop their work style, communication skills, self -confidence, skills that they later need in finding a job;
• to challenge them to develop and follow a learning plan during their EVS;
• to find own( creative) solutions for learning situations;
• to stimulate a sense of initiative and entrepreneurship;
• To create an online platform for EVS organisations in The Netherlands
• To define the method of Olde Vechte in EVS projects in a booklet
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation