Yemek İçin Yaşama, Yaşamak İçin Ye / Eat To Live N..
Yemek İçin Yaşama, Yaşamak İçin Ye / Eat To Live Not Live To Eat
Start date: Aug 1, 2015,
End date: Apr 30, 2016
The project will focus on overweight and obesity which are one of the extensive health problems all over the world in 21st century. Overweight and obesity are not only Turkey's, but also Europe, America and Asian countries' common problem. According to the report, which was published by World Health Organisation (WHO) in 2013, Overweight and obesity are leading risks for global deaths mentioned especially in the part of "Overweight and obesity" . Around 3.4 million adults die each year as a result of being overweight or obese and overall, more than 10% of the world’s adult population was obese.
Once considered a high-income country problem, overweight and obesity are now on the rise in low- and middle-income countries, particularly in urban settings. In developing countries with emerging economies (classified by the World Bank as lower- and middle-income countries) the rate of increase of childhood overweight and obesity has been more than 30% higher than that of developed countries.(http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs311/en/)
In Turkey, According to report called " Turkey Healthy Eating and Active Life Programme (2013-2017)" prepared by Turkish Ministry of Health, the frequency of obesity in Turkey was found as follows; (http://beslenme.gov.tr/index.php?lang=tr&page=40)
In General 30,3%
The project is aiming to
- Learn what is overweight and obesity,
- Exchange the ideas and knowledge about overweight, obesity and health promotion,
- Increase awareness of the importance of including dynamic methods in working with young people,
- Take and create attention on health in general overweight, and obesity in specific among the young people,
- Develop the knowledge about Intercultural Learning,
- Develop the knowledge about different cultures,
- Enhance the active participation of the youngsters,
- Turn ideas of the participant into action,
- Develop knowledge about non-formal education and Youth in Action as tool to acquire new competences and abilities,
- Reinforce the European cooperation in international youth work,
- To increase active participation and inclusion of young people (especially those with fewer opportunities).
In total 30 participants will join the activities from 6 program countries. The participants will be youth, youth workers, youth leaders, youth association decision takers. The activities will be directly related with health and creating awareness on obesity. While we are implementing our activities, we will use non-formal educational techniques.
The proposed results and effects of the project will be;
* Creating awareness on overweight and obesity,
* Increasing awareness of the importance of including dynamic methods in working with young people,
* Exchanging the knowledge and experiences on obesity and health promotion,
* Developing the knowledge about non-formal education and Youth in Action as tool to acquire new competences and abilities,
* Creating new partnerships and cooperation and helping the sustainabilty of the project.
The language of the project will be English. The activities will take place in Aksaray, Turkey between 01-08 February 2016.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation