XPTO+ eXcellence in Professional Training Opportun..
XPTO+ eXcellence in Professional Training Opportunities
Start date: Sep 1, 2014,
End date: May 31, 2016
The XPTO + project was promoted by the "Consortium XPTO +", which was coordinated EUROYOUTH and composed by the sending schools: Agrupamento de Escolas de Santo André (AESA), Escola Profissional de Fafe (EP Fafe) and Instituto da Soldadura e Qualidade (ISQ).
XPTO + The result of a convergence of ideas and wills between all partners, for, in consortium, send graduates of vocational training of national partners, individually, could not participate in the new program for lack of logistical support, existing lack of human and financial resources and the necessary know-how in international mobility management. The Consortium was based on the methodology enrolled in Manual TTactic @ School, to ensure quality in the process and in order to enable national and European partners in the implementation of international mobility programs.
Participants were students and alumni of AESA, the EPFafe and ISQ, from 18 to 27 years, the following areas of training, distributed by three sending schools: Management Computer Technician (14). Technical Graphic Design (8), Technical Sales (8), Multimedia Technician (8), Electronics Technician, Automation and Control (5) and Gas Technical (2).
Mobilities had durations between 90 to 99 days with 1 week language course, in the destination country. Host countries were: Germany, Spain, France, Ireland, Italy, Poland, the UK and Austria. The project had the support of intermediary partners to logistical issues and organization of the mobility program.
The project was structured in 8 Workpackages: Project Management; Coordination of the Consortium; Project dissemination; Selection of Participants; Preparation of Participants; Mobility of participants, Evaluation and Certification and Earnings Release.
The project presented as OBJECTIVES:
- Contribute to the professional training, personal and social development of the newly formed
- To support the integration of graduates in the working world
- Improving social and language skills
- Contribute to the development of self-esteem and self-efficacy
- Increase the participation of Portuguese youth in European programs
- To foster a sense of entrepreneurship and innovation
- Consolidate mobility and experience of mobility experiences as an essential element in personal and professional training
- Increase the mobility supply network to younger
- Engage and empower organizations involved in mobility management
- Create a group of reflection and work on the issues of education, training and youth within a framework of European mobility and international
REGIONAL / NATIONAL
- Start a real dialogue between the society and the labor market
- To contribute to a knowledge society and socially cohesive
- Develop a network of teaching-employers-community partnerships - key institutions for the integration of young people in the labor market
- Combating the isolation of the inner regions
- To contribute to greater equality of opportunity in the award of grants at national level
- Raise awareness of businesses, schools and public institutions to the importance of supporting young people in entering the labor market
- Strengthening European network of partners and respective exchange of good practice
- Contribute to building and EU awareness
The results achieved were:
- Increased levels of maturity, autonomy, social participation, well-being and employability in 45 young people participating in mobility actions
- Theoretical training of graduates complemented with practical experience in EU companies
- Better employment opportunities for graduates, decreasing unemployment rates and facilitating mobility between vocational training and the labor market
- Increase in skilled young people numbers in training mobility, duly accredited and certified to national and European level
- Language skills, improved personal and social
-Young with skills and higher entrepreneurial skills through professional development, personal and social participants as European citizens through the promotion of intercultural
- Development of good practice in the management of partnerships / consortia to two scales: national and international
- Consolidation of a working network that integrates different types of organizations and skills in action in Education, Training and Youth at national and international level.
- Sensitization of actors of civil society and socio-economic fabric of the importance and added value of the results of mobility competitiveness and social integration
All participants received the Europass Mobility certificate, language course certificate, internship certificate and the Consortium certificate.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation