WORKING WITH SPANISH ASSOCIATIONS
Start date: Mar 4, 2015,
End date: Apr 3, 2016
The Youth Council of Ciudad Real (CONSEJOVEN) is a non-profit organization whose main objective is to promote youth associations and volunteering. We have been working in the volunteering field at a local level since 1992, supporting the associations of our city in their activities and administrative tasks (more than 60 associations nowadays).
Our project has hosted 4 volunteers from different European countries, such as Romania, Italy and Austria in Spain, for a long-term European voluntary service from March 2015 to December 2016 for 3 of the volunteers and till March 2016 for the fourth volunteer.
Consejoven proposed the following objectives with our project:
- To promote solidarity and youth participation;
- Learn more about youth participation in our region and other parts of Europe;
- Get to know the associations working in the city and offer them trainings;
- Involve the volunteers in the activities of these associations.
The project has let them develop and improve their personal and professional skills through their participation in different activities organized by the associations of our project, so they have gained knowledge (as interpersonal, linguistic and intercultural skills) that will help them to promote social changes but also will increase their employability in the future.
The young volunteers have been involved in non-formal education projects, with different social groups: disadvantaged young people, non-motivated young people etc. They have also participated in the diferent programs of the hosting association:
- YOUTH PARTICIPATION PROGRAM
- EUROPEAN VOLUNTARY SERVICE
- NON-FORMAL EDUCATION PROGRAM
Within these programs, they have been involved in the preparation of leisure activities for local children and young people, such as workshops, performances, theatre plays, young meetings, cultural excursion etc.
We have used a methodology based on learning by doing in order to combine the social commitment with professional, cultural and personal learning.
The main activities where the volunteers participated were:
- Linguistic meetings in several languages;
- Workshops and speeches about Erasmus + in the university, schools and in our Youth Center;
- Providing information about European projects (EVS, youth exchanges, trainings, etc ) to young people;
- Collaborate with local associations in their activities;
- Support associations in administrative issues;
- Work on the visibility of the project (management of social media accounts, PR);
- Participation in trainings and different events of our organization;
- Preparing and launching the next hosting project with the help and guidance of our staff, including learning how to apply for funding under the Erasmus+ framework;
- Online Spanish course.
RESULTS AND IMPACT
The project has had a very important impact on a local, national, European and international level thanks to the visibility and diffusion we realized during the project. The people of Ciudad Real have gotten to know the Erasmus+ projects and more associations and young people have gotten involved in them.
We are diffusing the results of our project through social media like Facebook, Twitter and our website in a way that young people, the associations and youth workers can learn more about the European values and opportunities and allows them to develop their own Erasmus+ projects.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation