Working on Work
Start date: Jul 1, 2014,
End date: Feb 28, 2015
From 08th - 16th of September, 2014 Partnership Building Activity "Working on Work" will gather 30 youth workers and young leaders from different organizations based in EU and EECA. It will take place in Yerevan, Armenia and will last 9 days (including arrival and departure). The main aim of the PBA is to tackle youth unemployment problem, inform, motivate and enable youth workers to work on the topic in their countries as well as equip them with experience, knowledge and skills to easily involve in labor market. The project targets youth workers who are working or want to start working on youth employment projects within their organizations.
The main objectives of the project are:
- to reflect on unemployment situation of youth in different regions of Europe,
- to train youth workers and develop their skills and knowledge in this field,
- to promote youth’s involvement in voluntary work,
- to share experiences of partners on youth work and to build better cooperation in the field, especially focusing on the examples of the Caucasus region,
- to encourage the creation of future projects within Erasmus+ Programme, which will target unemployed youngsters.
During the working days youth workers from different countries will share opinions and ideas on unemployment and will be involved in various activities. They will learn CV and Motivation Letter writing techniques, Hints to pass a Job Interview, Working with E-Job Databases, how to use Volunteering as a way to the labor market, what is YouthPass, how to get a Europass Language Passport, how to work with career centers, etc.
PBA will stimulate young people's spirit of initiative, creativity, entrepreneurship and employability through theoretical input from experts and participants. After coming back home, participants will be responsible to transfer their knowledge to young people involved in their organizations or young people from local schools/ universities. It will be based mainly on Non Formal Learning Methodology. Active participation, group-work and teamwork, as well as theoretical inputs will characterize the program of the PBA.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation