Work, study, grow!
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
The project program is provided for professionals working in social risk group education and are interested in developing effective ways and avenues to involve young people who early left school in the education system . Content of the project designed to improve the quality of school education staff and raise the level of competence necessary for the work . The basic idea - how to help young people assess their skills with today's job market requirements and to select appropriate ways for their improvement . The detection of ability of self-expression and creativity, its cultivation and development are equally important. Education as the maker of the human person will be emphasized in the cultural and educational context. It is an essential part of every student's personality that helps to see another picture of the world , recognized and accepted the system of values.
It is important to expand the range of the methods and techniques available to teachers, using both traditional that is proved the efficiency over years and having excluded obsolete and inefficient and the new approaches that is dictated by requirements of modern society.
The education system in the world and Europe is on the border of old and new and it is necessary to balance practice of formal and non-formal methods of training to provide maximum efficiency of training. Within workshops the wide and diverse exchange of experience about opportunities to diversify offers for students training are supposed.
Objectives of the project :
1. to examine experience of the Turkish partners from AHEM School on the organization of lifelong education of young people and to introduce appropriate methods in our work to optimize it in conditions of Latvia and Valmiera.
2. to examine experience of the Icelandic partners on using of outdoor education methods for social risk group students
The number of participants - 6 : teachers and representatives of administration
* Lesson observation ,
* Participation in informal activities , participation in cultural programme,
* Visiting of local educational institutions and municipal authorities
* Observed classes analysis , assessment by premeditated criteria
* Meetings and discussions with teachers , school administration , local government representatives , students
* Evaluation of the project results and forecasts for future activity in long-term prospect
Every day , except 1st and 7th days, classes and cultural programme are planned. The lesson lasts 1 academic hour.
Four classes and the cultural activity reflecting regional specifics are planned every day. At the end of each day assessment, the analysis of work and debates are provided.
The results and their impact on the target audience
It is planned that the participants will acquire the following knowledge and skills :
* knowledge how to create and develop non - formal education programs
* knowledge how to involve non- formal learning methods in school curricula
* Knowledge of the studies in social risk group education , the conclusions and their use in planning education in Turkey and Iceland
* Knowledge of the involvement of people with very low basic skills in the lifelong learning process and methods of improving students skills in math, reading and self-expression
* Skills in IT using
* Ideas and skills in using of non-traditional methods and techniques
* Knowledge of the impact of various factors on different aspects such as new technology , and the digital effects on the ability to read and write , and on rapprochement of people from the remote regions and the social risk groups with technologies and its capabilities
* Continue to maintain and develop contacts with colleagues from partner schools within the project, exchange ideas , develop joint projects in other areas.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation