Work based learning (WBL) nella formazione profess..
Work based learning (WBL) nella formazione professionale (VET) per l'accoglienza turistica e l’hotel management in Europa
Start date: Oct 3, 2016,
End date: Oct 2, 2017
The mobility project Key Action 1- Learning Mobility of individuals-mobility project for VET learners and staff ”Welcome.WBL @vet.eU"- "Work Based Learning ( WBL) in vocational training for hospitality and hotel management in Europe" , is being proposed by a local partnership consisting of:
1) Istituto Alberghiero IPSSART de Carolis – Spoleto (PG)
2) Istituto Alberghiero IPSSEOASC – Assisi (PG)
3) l’Istituto Alberghiero “Patrizi Baldelli Cavallotti” di Città di Castello (PG)
4) Istituto Tecnico Agrario Superiore Valnerina, Sant’Anatolia di Narco (PG)
5) Municipality of Spoleto
6) ConSpoleto - Consorzio Operatori Turistici
7) Umbria Training Center - Scheggino (PG),
and a broad international partnership consisting of several organizations. The IP is composed by seven intermediary organizations from Spain, Greece, UK, Bulgaria, Malta, Cyprus, and Germany, by various receiving organizations as well as VET Centers, in the specific sector of hotel management, wine and food, as well as touristic customer care and environment care. The mobility projects aims at the involvement of 100 students from the 3rd, 4th and 5th year of secondary school (five disables and ten from the inner Valnerina region), 14 helpers (+5) and 24 teachers from the school institutions involved in the Consortium. The project is coherent with the regional politics, with the strategic marketing plan for tourism 2014-2020, with the Italian stability law 2015 for the region Umbria with the new law L.R. n. 13/2013 “Testo unico in materia di turismo” (“Amalgamated law for tourism”) and with the recommendation of the council-com (2014)85, related to the consolidation of the European principles regarding the quality of tourism, though training and WBL, which is very important for the employability and the economic restart of this sector.
”Welcome.WBL @vet.eU", takes origin from the need of strengthening work related experiences in an international context, in order to enhance employability and supply teachers with new didactic skills in the management of the connection education-labor market and in the organization of an educational plan in English (it could be useful to underline that 35% of the previous placements of the consortium is currently working abroad).
Internships and work related learning are didactic tools for the accomplishment of education cycles (Italy administrative order n. 88 – 15 March 2011) and are redefined following the law 107/2015 in terms of hours, methods and hosts (both national and foreign). The institutes of the Italian Consortium have already built a network with local enterprises, in line with the targets of the “National register of alternation between school and work”, whose constitution is in progress at the chamber of commerce, and an international network which is going to be inserted in a MOU and a database.
General objectives of the project are:
1. Create work opportunities for students in the local and European job-market, through a WBL experience abroad in order to develop basic, professional and cross skills in the implementation of an internship in a company.
2. Give teachers the opportunity of a training abroad, in order to gain specific methodologic tools for:
- implement in a good way the mobility projects and create the requirements for the referring institutes, manage incoming mobility flows of foreign students,
- develop didactic competences and methodology which are useful for innovative résumés (in English), coherent with the needs of the local enterprises,
- improve the management of the networks regarding quality and efficiency of the alternation.
The activities of the project consist in three phases (for the students):
1) Preparatory steps: information, selection of the participants, vocational guidance and information about the working environment and culture of the hosting country, strengthening language training. During this phase the coordinator concluded the agreement with intermediary organizations and the host companies to finalize the VET Learning Agreement and the MOU. Promotion of the project.
2) Managing Mobility: during this phase learners will be abroad from 10/07 to 08/09 of 2017. The tutoring activity guarantees the quality of the training, solves problems concerning linguistic and professional adaptation, monitors the internship. Visibility of the activities on the web.
3) Post mobility step: dissemination, reporting, evaluation, award ECVET credits, evidence of the Europass Mobility certification-Language-Professional. Video publishing on the web etc.
The project activities for the STAFF:
1) Preparatory steps: information, share the project aims, selection, preparation in collaboration with the hosting institution.
2) Managing Mobility: abroad from 14/07 to 31/07 of 2017 will work with the methodology of Content and Language Integrated Learning.
3) Post mobility step: dissemination, reporting, planning Didactical Plan with CLIL methodology according to PTOF, certification.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation