Well-Come: how do we host best? Creating a treasur..
Well-Come: how do we host best? Creating a treasure box for hosting international and local projects.
Start date: Apr 26, 2015,
End date: Dec 25, 2015
A group of 28 project designers, project managers, trainers, facilitators, teachers, speakers, staff, which all work with logistic management, project design, facilitating group learning, from Greece, Latvia, Hungary, Finland, Cyprus, Romania, Malta, UK, France, Lithuania, Spain and Italy, will gather in the international training course “Well-Come: how do we host best?” from the 26th of July till the 1st of August 2015 in Lecce, Italy. The organizations and their participants, joined this project to explore, learn, improve the “hosting factor”, in order to better design, implement and host projects, learning events, at the local and European level.
The aim of the project is to create a community of people and organizations and a long term cooperation among them, being more and more aware of the importance of the link between the practical/logistic aspects and the content part of a project, enhancing the competences of field level of hosting staff, training/facilitating teams, in such areas as international youth projects, participatory assessment, planning, participatory monitoring & evaluation in order to enable effective and fruitful implementation of projects.
Objectives of “Well-Come” are:
- To provide an understanding of the principles and practices of the “hosting process”
- To help organizations in their efforts of promoting and hosting an international project
- To promote the element of “hosting” as an integral element of a project design
- To improve competencies in project design
- To improve competencies on training/learning design
- To improve the knowledge of working tools and techniques for project-hosting
- To introduce and promote “the Art of Hosting” approach/methods
- To prepare the participants as hosts/trainers/facilitators/project designers for field level project activities.
- To sharpen communication skills of the organizations, hosts, trainers, facilitators
- To create the “Well-Come – treasure box: hosting tips!”
- To create a community of practice who will work, grow, share in a long-term perspective
The training will be based on non-formal-learning and “the art of hosting” methodologies, with a variety of methods and tools, which will ensure a proper personal learning process and the achievement of concrete outcomes.
The impact will consist in the improved competences that participants will acquire as a result of our project, and the creation of the “treasure box: hosting tips”, which will be used for the projects that every organization will run after our training course. We will connect and link also with the worldwide “The Art of Hosting” community and the practitioners active in it.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation