Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: Feb 29, 2016
Youth Exchange We & TECHNOLOGIES
Partner countries: Greece, Lithuania, Italy, Poland, Latvia, Turkey.
Participants: 30, 16-25-year-old young people
Location: Trakai region , Lithuania.
Duration: 10 days
Do all of the new technologies that should help us to communicate, connect, share information really help? Or maybe on the contrary, it encourages people‘s, especially young people‘s dependence on virtual communication and downgrades the skills of live communication. During the Exchange we will discuss about the advantages of using IT and damage to a young person,. Also, we will discuss about pros and cons of virtual and live communication and possibilities of the future of communication.
The aim of the project - to find out the impact of IT to communication skills of young people through activities (using IT and not) in virtual and real world.
The objectives of the project:
1. To find out and understand the impact of IT (positive and negative) to young people in the process of communication;
2. Using the simulations to create a virtual and real environment that would enable young people to meet and survive two extremes of "life without IT and with IT”;
3. To understand how IT works on communication skills of young people and its impact on today's society;
4. To see the pros and cons of virtual and live communication;
5. To understand the concepts of privacy and security in the context of virtual communication;
6. To get to know with rapidly spreading e-bullying's phenomenon and its impact on a young person;
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation