"Volunteers with the local regeneration"
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: Nov 1, 2016
The municipality of Curtis is a local public body, located in Galicia, in the province of A Coruña. It has two towns, Curtis and Teixeiro, which concentrate most of the inhabitants of the municipality, with a total of 4200 inhabitants.
The municipality even though it's in a rural setting, wants to promote the EU mentality and citizen participation among its inhabitants and to value what the city itself has to offer. For this reason, voluntary will help in energizing the council through activities which are divided into three areas:
- Media and dissemination.
- Activities for young people.
- Help in organizing events.
With this, the main objectives to be achieved are:
-To promote solidarity and promote tolerance among young
-To promote participation and active citizenship in the population, especially affecting the youth.
-To favor mutual understanding between young people from different countries
-To contribute to improving the quality of support systems for youth activities and the potential of civil society organizations in the youth field.
-Promote cultural diversity.
-Local regenation in the municipality through the activities.
NUMBER AND PROFILE OF VOLUNTEERS:
Volunteers are two girls, one of Moscow (Russia) and one of Vicenza (Italy), which fit perfectly in the profile we were looking for dynamic, enthusiastic, participatory, that could contribute their bit to the project, they liked working with young people and be highly motivated.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
Activities will take place between 1 August 2015 and 31 July 2016 (1 year) and are divided into three areas:
* Media and dissemination: dissemination of activities organized by the city through posters and social networks; and development of a resource guide of township in video and paper format.
* Activities aimed at the youngest:
- Informal workshop computer.
- Informal workshop for English.
- Learning to learn: program created by the municipality in which participants perform different activities each day (introduction to reading, theater, popular games ...) to occupy their free time in a fun and educational way.
- Information about programs and European aid.
- During the (Christmas, Carnival, Easter, summer ...) school holidays, will help in the urban camp.
* Assist in the organization of events created by the municipality, in order to stimulate and promote the municipality.
** If necessary, assist in workshops that exist to improve memory and psychomotor skills of older people.
Volunteers will never be alone for their work, are always accompanied by task coordinator or, failing that, by the head of the activity performed. In addition this coordinator, had other personal tutor, who will be responsible for understanding its evolution in the project and strengthen their skills and non-formal training acquired.
As for holidays, schedules, accommodation, activities ... everything will be ruled by the EVS Charter and the Voluntary Agreement signed by the volunteers and organizations sending and receiving at the beginning of the project.
As for health insurance, they will covered by the MSH International insurance and, in the case of the Italian girl, by the EHIC.
EXPECTED RESULTS AND IMPACTS
The results and impacts are to maintain European awareness that from the first EVS project has increased throughout the population, and they will have more open-minded and promoting cultural diversity. Also, due to the coexistence that will be created between girls from Ukraine and Russia, is a clear example of tolerance and statement of intent.
Also for this project volunteers will mark a before and after in their personal growth, learning to cope in completely different situations and knowing themselves.
LONG TERM BENEFITS
The long-term benefits are maintaining and increasing the objectives and results achieved, as we believe that society is perfectly awareness that with the EVS projects everyone wins in one way or another.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation