Volunteering for Change
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: Jan 31, 2016
The general theme of this project was raising European awareness and fostering cultural exchange in the city of Gyumri.
The EVS project was addressing the issue of youth unemployment and was seeking for the possibilities to empower young people and support their learning through voluntary work.
Moreover, the EVS project was aiming to promote volunteerism as a mechanism for self-development of young people and as a means of employability.
The objectives were:
- Empowering young people to get engaged in voluntary work for enriching job-related skills
- Integrating the volunteer and young people into intercultural learning and dialogue through non-formal educational activities
- Providing space to the volunteer for bringing up ideas and implementing own projects
The project helped to raise the level of knowledge of the local youth on European citizenship, get them to know other cultures, to understand that whatever is different is not necessarily wrong but rather a new field of knowledge one should acquire.
During the 2 months of Volunteer's Service the volunteer from Sweden implemented the following activities:
the main activities - which included planning, preparing and running the promotional activities about volunteering called “Volunteering Month with YIC” for the young people aged 13-30 from Gyumri and Shirak region as the previous events and activities of volunteering campaigns emphasized the need to continue working on that direction and enhancing the knowledge and perspectives of recognition of voluntary work as a means of employability.
- the secondary activities in the office which included involvement and assistance to Public Relation sector with the on-going tasks and organizing workshops for PR Manager.
- Own initiatives of the volunteer – after getting acquainted with the local community and learning their needs the volunteer was welcome to propose and implement her own initiatives within the scope of the main directions of the HO which include youth policy and community development, employability and entrepreneurship, art and culture. The volunteer received all necessary support and guidance from the HO for the realization of her initiatives.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation