VOLUNTARIOS EN SALUD MENTAL
Start date: May 1, 2015,
End date: Jun 30, 2016
Volunteers in Mental Health” project’s aim is to promote well-being of people with mental disorders throughout the implication of European volunteers, thanks to their involvement in the psychosocial and employement rehabilitation process of those people, to facilitate their communitarian participation and integration.” Also in this project we have incorporated in the Residence Community volunteers, where the main objective is accommodation, food, personal and social support and community integration for people in circumstances of personal autonomy and social needs require rehabilitation process this resource residential temporarily or indefinitely.Project beneficiaries are approximately 246 members and their families
The project is located within our Association, two resources for people with mental illness in Psychosocial Rehabilitation Center and Labor and Community Residence Albacete.
The aims we want to achieve for the people with mental disabilities with the EVS and collaboration with volunteers are the following:
• Favour the acquisition or recovery of needed abilities for community life and adjust them for personal and social matters.
• Enable the acceptance of the illness and following of medical treatment
• Favour the ability of facing and solving conflicts among people with handicaps
• Decrease the risk of relapses and hospitalization
• Favour the return to community of institutionalised people
• Favour their social integration in community
• Support their families
• Decrease the social stigmatisation of the illness
• Raise awareness in the community, informing and promoting the active participation of entities and people in the integration process.
The activities where volunteers provide support to achieve these objectives are:
• pre Workshops labor
• Program participation
• Computer and Cognitive Skills
• Programme of activities of daily living
• Workshop Crafts
• Psychomotor Program
• Intercultural activities
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation