VOLD (VOLUNTARIADO DE LARGA DURACION)
Start date: Jan 7, 2015,
End date: Jan 6, 2016
AMITICIA is a non-profit organization founded in 1988 in order to try to meet the care needs of people with disabilities and children without disabilities outside school hours.
AMITICIA currently consists of a large group of families and associated people, in order to increase the quality of life of people with disabilities.
So far, our Association has focused its efforts on the following courses of action:
• Provide recreation and leisure for people with disabilities.
• Cover all the needs of the user and their families providing care at the times and spaces that asks us.
• Encourage thus social integration and standardization.
For some years now and as a priority when planning activities in our Association and making a strong bid for a "true integration" squares offer for people without disabilities to participate in all services sharing the same activities, games, excursions ... people with disabilities.
Our proposal aims to be a clear example to follow in the face of future development and implementation of integration projects.
3 volunteers participate in our program. Two girls and a boy aged between 20 and 22 years. They have no experience in the field of disability, but we think they have the necessary skills and the right motivation to work with an association of people with disabilities.
The activities carried out in our Association are leisure and free time outside of school hours. We offer different types of activities:
1. CASAL: From September to June, Monday to Friday from 17:00 to 20:00. Are provided to our users leisure activities such as yoga workshops, crafts workshop, theater workshop, workshop sevillanas ... These activities take place at our headquarters.
2. SPLAI: From September to June every Saturday from 10:00 to 17:00. Are provided to our users leisure activities such as hiking, beach, pool, sports, cultural visits. In this space they are given food.
3. SCHOOL HOLIDAYS: During the holiday periods (Christmas, Easter, Summer) offer school holidays from Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 17:00. Diverse entertainment and leisure, as well as daily food is. The activities are combined outside and inside the venue.
4. CAMP: During the month of August we left 10 days of camp with the intention of spending 10 days of rest and fun.
For the development of all these activities our users are divided into groups according to their profile and degree of disability. Not all users can perform the same activities, and our goal is to not get frustrated if you do not enjoy your leisure space performing activities commensurate with their level.
All groups are led and supervised by one or two monitors, depending on the number of users and profile. Monitors oversee the smooth running of the business and take over the personal and hygienic care of the users required.
Volunteers will support monitors in all activities, for they will be trained to develop the skills, tools and techniques necessary to perform their work.
Volunteers will have the support and supervision of a monitor as well as the program coordinator, who will act as guardian. Weekly will be held where the tutoring will analyze the achievement of established goals and set new goals to achieve. The space of mentoring will be a space for volunteers to express their doubts, fears, experiences and work them together.
We intend this to improve the quality of life of people with disabilities and to promote their social integration.
This experience will enrich the lives of volunteers, not only personally, but also professionally, as they delve into the field of disability acquired knowledge and skills to develop a career within the field of disability.
In the long term this will be very positive experience for our users and to expand their social network, and promote social integration for volunteers will become an experience of personal and professional learning.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation