Voices For changes
Start date: May 1, 2015,
End date: Dec 31, 2015
From the 20th to the 29th of July 2015, the Association for the Young person’s Intercommunality (France); Viimsi Municipality (Estonia) and the Hair Redivivus Buzau Association (Romania) will organize a European exchange week that will bring around thirty 16 to 18-year-old teenagers together.
This event will take place in a country lodge named « Gîte du Nid Douillet », located in Poncins.
These teenagers coming from Estonia; Romania and France will have 10 days to imagine and create a music video about European citizenship.
This week will be composed of training sessions; daily life management; working groups revolving around theatre; video and music.
We will mainly base these activities on active methods, so that everyone can take ownership of this project and be a real active participant.
Here are the objectives we would like to achieve through this project:
- Encouraging and focusing debates about Citizenship.
- Sharing an « international » reflection (encouraging the emergence of points of view and innovating methods.)
- Contributing to the development of a feeling of belonging in the European Union.
- Allowing the participants to be more / better « engaged » about citizenship issues, thanks to the fact that they will have felt legitimated in the right of expressing and presenting their comments on social realities.
- Encouraging the teenagers’ expression.
- Allowing them to discover and build themselves through the meeting with other teenagers / to
develop their ability to empathize / to reduce the “mental distances” (ex: actually, Romania is next door! Estonian culture enriches me!) / Encouraging mobility.
- Fighting racism and discriminations by the meeting and discovery of other people.
- Allowing the young participants to develop their creativity (as well as their skills) and to discover the use of a media (music video) to deliver a message.
- Allowing teenagers to live in community.
- Allowing the young people to use and master communication tools (music; theatre; new technologies; and so on).
- Cultivating partnerships between European structures and, in a way, contributing to the European construction. (“Europe will not be made all at once, or according to one single plan: rather it will be formed by taking concrete measures which bring about real solidarity”).
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation