VITAL - vocational training for agricultural learn..
VITAL - vocational training for agricultural learners and staff
Start date: Nov 1, 2014,
End date: Oct 31, 2015
Project VITAL objectives are:
- to provide a “learning by doing” vocational training experience to the target group in UE companies representing a sector best practices in terms of innovation and working methods.
- to foster an exchange of knowledge in the agriculture sector
- to give the chance to the target group to live a professionalizing experience abroad useful to be spent in the Italian and European labour market.
- to foster the operators mobility in the agriculture sector by providing basis abilities and a real mobility experience to the youngsters involved
- to improve staff teaching competences in a foreign language
- to make the ECVET adoption a reality amongst the training providers of Marche Region
Project VITAL target group is composed by 70 students actually studying on the 4th class of 8 Italian technical and vocational secondary on Land and Agriculture . The project involves also 7 teachers of vocational subjects and responsible for guidance.
Students will be selected with a greater bent to agricultural issues and mobility. Next to them, a network of local actors, led by the young enterprise on agricultural production consultancy “Hort”, the productive sectors and social partners of the Marche region.
Europe is facing one of the biggest challenges since the war, the economic crisis, especially due to the inevitable political and economic change, brought about by globalization, requires major changes. The directions towards which to direct their efforts were identified: innovation and research, production conversion, reducing the environmental impact and independence from fossil fuels . We need to respond to the climate of distrust and resignation offering young people the "challenge of doing", to get in the game with a sense of initiative and responsibility to boost growth, employment and welfare. In this context, the " agri jobs " are consideredreally interesting on what concerning the workforce absorption. Great peculiarity of these new jobs is the ability to mobility: job opportunities are rarely localized in supply chains, often reside where it takes the best environmental and cultural conditions.
The objectives are the development / improvement:
- Attitudes to international mobility, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Technical and specialized skills
- Ability to understand a business set up, with its system of relationships, roles, values, rules and hierarchies;
- Language skills;
- Ability to use ICT for personal productivity or control of work processes;
- Personal autonomy, spirit of initiative, problem solving skills
- Skills related to the mode of CLIL
- Skills related to the recognition of skills and the adoption of ECVET credit system
Peculiarities of the project are:
the search for the largest number of placements in companies that offer "agri-jobs";
a follow-up training aimed at developing the self-entrepreneurial spirit
Information, Selection and Preparation are designed in order to stimulate the participation of girls / socio-economic disadvantaged young people.
The internships will last three weeks and will take place in the UK, Malta, Ireland, Portugal,Spain and France.
The entire project will last 24 months.
The mobility project must assure to the involved students an useful experience to start their career in the renewable sector, by providing a job experience in:
DESTINATION COUNTRIES ARE:
- Target Group Selection
- Professional preparatory training
- Professional training implemented in the hosting country
- Job experience in the renewable sector companies of the destination countries
- IVT experience reporting
- Communication activities
- 88 students between 17 and 20 years old
- 8 teachers
MOBILITY EXPERIENCE DURATION:
- the mobility experience for every candidate will last for 3 weeks
- mobility for teaching staff will last 1 week
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation