Vibes of Life - 2014
Start date: Dec 31, 2014,
End date: Aug 30, 2015
VIBES of LIFE in Cyprus is a 7 working days long, multilateral youth-exchange taking place in Paphos with promoters from 5 other countries.
The project was implemented in 2013 with great success and feed back. We would like to repeat the achievement with more visibility and promotion building on the relations already achieved on the previous project. (politistiko-ergastiri.org/vibes-of-life-project_gr)
The purpose of the project is to increase active citizenship in society of young people.
The project objectives are:
- to promote young peoples participation and inclusion;
- to help and and sustain young people in achieving skills, values and attitudes important for the development of a democratic society;
- to promote YiA principles: tolerance, respect for other cultures, respect for human rights;
- achievement of knowledge on European Union, Youth in Action program ;
- develop long lasting partnership relationship between the promoters of the project;
- to use arts and media as a medium to achieve objectives
The projectwas based on non- formal methods and tools by offering artistic workshops as music, dance and drama in order to promote other ways of learning, also have a special focus on working with European Dimension, European Identity.
All the participants were actively involved in workshops as, dance, music and drama run by professional artists.
After 4 days of intense activity in the workshops, the results were combined into a presentation and perfomred to other young people in public spaces.
The venue was in Paphos in a univeristy campur providing all facilites aquired for accommodation, food, and workshops as well as group gatherings and working spaces for the learning process that was moderated.
The performances were the highlight of the process but revealing the backround effort in both the skills developed and the learning awareness process that was promoted during the youth exchange.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation