Verbesserung der Unterrichtsmethoden in lebenden F..
Verbesserung der Unterrichtsmethoden in lebenden Fremdsprachen mit internationaler Ausrichtung unter Berücksichtigung der neuen Lehrpläne und dem Ziel bilingualen Unterrichts (Deutsch,Englisch)
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
The project “teaching methods in languages with international orientation“ takes into account the curriculum 2015/16 and aims at improving language teaching and facilitating the start of bilingual lessons and classes beginning September 2015, taking the following operative goals into consideration:
• Improved language skills
• Use of foreign language in different subjects(Clil)
• Adaptation and renewal of student centered teaching methods , striving for interactive, communicative, creative and autonomous students
• Intercultural gains
• Promotion and support of European mindedness
• Dissemination of new experiences and knowledge
Further aims are the setting up of contacts (finding of possible partner schools) in order to intensify and internationalize acquired skills not only at our school, but at national and international level. The project aims at supporting our teaching methods through ongoing reflection and further development of these through constant evaluation and sharing on national as well as international level.
Our school, the Tourism Schools Am Wilden Kaiser, prepares students for the requirements of today’s tourism industry. Foreign languages and international tourism are its main pillars. Our students take part in various competitions in and outside of Austria and have the chance to acquire various certificates connected to their studies in tourism.
There are three teachers directly involved in this project. Two language teachers (English, Italian) and one teaching tourism management and economics. Their aims are to further improve their linguistic competence, acquire new skills and teaching methods, discuss and analyze various European questions concerning education, try out different communicative approaches to practical lesson planning, exchange ideas and set up lasting social contacts with European peers and collect authentic material.
Our participants organize their accommodation, school and journey on their own with the help of their chosen institution.
The long-term gains we are striving for:
• Improved language skills for teaching foreign languages as well as bilingual lessons
• Brushing up of everyday English and Italian
• Network opportunities to improve international cooperation
• Opportunities for new school projects
• Trying out of newly acquired communication skills
• Acquiring and sharing of teaching material
• Highly motivated teachers acquiring, trying out and sharing new approaches, styles and methods to teaching
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation