Start date: Dec 31, 2014,
End date: Dec 30, 2015
The VLC EMPLEA project has a joint initiative undertaken by the Foundation Pact for Employment with 4 VET centers in the municipality of Valencia, the Consortium is composed by:
- Foundation Pact for Employment (Consortium coordinator)
- Sociedad Cooperativa Valenciana Juan Comenius
- Professional School Xavier
- TAES Centre
The project arose from the need to provide greater employment opportunities to a group that, for various reasons, had many difficulties to find a job. This Consortium set the following objectives:
- Practical training in different companies for some students carrying out the mandatory modules FCT or being graduates.
- Improvement of the language skills of the participants.
- Improvement of a range of transferable skills through training experience in a foreign country: social skills, communication, adaptability and flexibility for change, autonomy, trust, confidence, initiative, among others.
- Completion of participants' training pathways with career guidance offered by the coordinator, which includes self-employment as a career.
- Promotion of entrepreneurship in the city of Valencia in professional sectors included in the project, considering that they have a major influence on local economy.
- Support labor mobility of young participants
The professional families that the participants have developed their internships have been:
- Administration management
- Auxiliary nursing care
- Commerce activities
- Telecommunications installations
- Photographic laboratory
- Microcomputer Systems and Networks
Besides specific technical-professional sectors indicated, participants have gained key skills related to the following areas:
- Improved social and communication skills
- Improvement of intercultural skills
- Increased autonomy, confidence, flexibility , adaptability.
- Increased motivation towards entrepreneurship
- Improvement of language skills
The training stays that lasted 90 days of internships, have been in Italy, Portugal, United Kingdom and Poland.
The Consortium had the support of intermediary organizations that supported the coordinator on logistical and practical issues and what it regarded monitoring of participants during their stay.
The intermediary organizations in destination have been: Euroyouth (Lisboa), Accademia Europea di Firenze (Florence), Intern Europe (Belfast) and Instytum Bonum (Cracovia). The Consortium has also cooperated with host companies of the participants’ professional sectors.
The Foundation has made a big impact at local and regional level since it enhanced the motivation of schools and local authorities to undertake similar initiatives in future calls of the program. The model of cooperation between the world of education and labor market is a necessary approach to improve the employability of young people coming from training for employment pathways.
It has strengthened transnational cooperation models that are so necessary in the context of European policies for employment within 2020 Strategy.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation