VALENCIA EMPLEA II
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
The VLC EMPLEA project is a joint initiative undertaken by the Foundation Pact for Employment with 4 VET centers in the municipality of Valencia, the Consortium is composed by:
- FoundationPact for Employment ( Consortium coordinator )
- INTER Institute
- Sociedad Cooperativa Valenciana Juan Comenius
- Professional School Xavier
- TAES Centre
The project arises from the need to provide greater employment opportunities to a group that, for various reasons , has many difficulties to find a job. This Consortium has set the following objectives:
1. Carrying out the mandatory practical training module (FCT ) and ongoing trainin in various sectors by 30 students at VET Schools
2 . Improve the language skills of the participants.
3 . Improve a range of transferable skills through training experience in a foreign country : social skills, communication,
adaptability and flexibility for change, autonomy, trust, confidence, initiative, among others.
4. Complete participants' training pathways with career guidance offered by the coordinator, which includes self-employment as a
5 . Promoting entrepreneurship in the city of Valencia in professional sectors included in the project , considering
that they have a major influence on local economy.
6. Support labor mobility of young participants
* The professional families taught at the Vocational Training Centres of the Consortium are:
Administration and Management ( Administrative Management , Administration and Finance ), Sociocultural and community
services ( Child Education ) Electrical and Electronics ( Telecommunications Facilities , Maintenance e ) Image and
Sound ( Laboratory Imaging , Illumination, capture and image processing , and realization of audiovisual projects
Entertainment, sound and audiovisual performances) ; Computing and Communications ( micro - computer ) systems .
>> Besides specific technical-professional sectors indicated , participants will gain key skills related to the following areas:
- Improved social and communication skills
- Improvement of intercultural skills
- Increased autonomy, confidence, flexibility , adaptability.
- Increased motivation towards entrepreneurship
- Improvement of language skills
>> The training stays that will last 3 months will be in Italy , Portugal , UK , Austria and Ireland.
>> The Consortium has the support of intermediary organizations that will support the coordinator on logistical and practical
issues if necessary , and what it regards monitoring of participants during their stay.
>> The Foundation has a long history of cooperation with intermediary organizations in destination : Euroyouth (Lisboa ) ,
Accademia Europea di Firenze ( Florence). Moreover they have previously collaborated with some host companies within the
framework of Leonardo da Vinci projects . this history of cooperation with partners is a guarantee of success of the project, all
partners have a lot experience in the implementation of programs in this area.
>> Is expected to enhance the motivation of Schools and local authorities to undertake similar initiatives in future calls of the
program. The model of cooperation between the world of education and labor market is a necessary approach to improve the
employability of young people coming from training for employment pathways .
>> Another aim is to strengthen transnational cooperation models , that are so necessary in the context of European policies for
employment within 2020 Strategy.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation