Utlandspraktik inom europeisk servicenäring för at..
Utlandspraktik inom europeisk servicenäring för att höja kvaliteten på skolans utbildningsprogram samt stärka elevernas yrkesidentitet.
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
The world we live in is global; a fact which demands an increased cultural awareness, a curiosity in foreign cultures and an increased knowledge of how to become an entrepreneur. To have a good self confidence is a must and a step in this direction is to have an exchange between students, schools and companies. Increased internationalisation of school activities is part of Tingvalla Upper Secondary school's strategic plan. Offering students work based training in other countries is a crucial step in this work. We work after the concept ServiceCollege, which means that we have a close co-operation with the trade and industry in Karlstad, which give us the opportunities of offering a good education of high quality for our students. This will lead to as well employable and high skilled young people as good citizens.
The main purpose with our international projects is to increase the internationalization and to give more students the opportunity to develop their service skills in an international environment. This will lead to a higher achievement of the targets set in the courses included in the students' education for the individual student. The most relevant topics addressed by our project are learning of entrepreneurship, interculture and foreign languages.
The 20 participants will be students from the second and third grade at the programmes hotel and tourism, business and adminstration, food and restaurant or the diploma education for economics. The mobility will take place at different departments at the company/resort La Manga Club in the south of Spain. La Manga Club is known to be part of a most important touristic resort consisting of a five-star hotel, luxury apartments, a spa, around twenty bars and restaurants, a big banqueting area, three golf courses, a tennis centre and football facilities.
In order to offer educations as equal as possible, both boys and girls will take place in this project. We will also make sure that students with dyslexia, Asperger's syndrome or ADHD will be a natural part of this project, since we sincerely believe in the thought of everyone's right to take part in every aspect of their education.
The project is evaluated by students, companies and teachers. The results of the project are disseminated through the students' documentation and presentations at open school events and through presentations of their experience for other school students during school hours.
The expected outcomes for students:
- Increased subject matter knowledge
- Higher achievement of the targets set in the courses included in the students' education for the individual student
- Strong professional identity
- Increased knowledge within entrepreneurial learning and problem solving
- Increased knowledge in foreign languages; a safer and more free using of English and Spanish in private as well as professional contexts
- Increased capacity and knowledge in meeting other people from other cultures and traditions
- Greater understanding of people from other cultures and traditions
- Personal development with greater self-knowledge and self-confidence
- Increased number of contacts for the future
- Greater knowledge of working life conditions in Europe and an experience of the opportunities in the European labour market
- Increased employability also in the European labour mark
- Increased understanding between students within the different programs
The expected outcomes for the teachers:
- Reflection on their own practice and working methods
- Ability to reflect their own profession in an European perspective
- Expanded network within the school and the business community both nationally and internationally
- Personality development
- Language training
- Opportunity for increased internationally collaboration with colleagues
- Better co-operation with motivated and satisfied students
The expected results for the school:
- An international school environment where staff are continuously trained in the meeting of different cultures and traditions
- A reflection on practices and methods among staff
- An attractive school which is competitive with other schools
- Motivated students and teachers
- Increased interest in internationalization among students and staff
- Increased connection within the different programs of the school among students and teachers
- Enhanced interest from new students coming to our school
Expected results for the region/Karlstad/Värmland:
- Positive development of the tourism industry in the form of more visitors
- Marketing of our region in different contexts
- Region will become more attractive to workers from outside the region
- Work with international relations and projects will be encouraged by our community
- An attractive education which implements global questions in the targets
- Increased possibilities to work against xenophobia as well local as regional
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation