Upsala-Circus - Creativity - Culture - Children
Start date: Aug 1, 2015,
End date: Oct 31, 2016
BSCNamur will cooperate, within the framework of EVS Program, as a Sending Organization with a Russian Hosting Organization (Upsala - Circus that will host the Belgian selected participant , Julie Neven for the period 3/08/2015-30/07/2016 . The volunteer is 26 years old and has completed the following studies : bachelor in information and in communication and a master in journalism
The main aims of the project are:
Upsala-Circus is a unique project aimed at social adaptation of at risk kids and teenagers through learning circus skills.The goal of Upsala-Circus is to create an alternative to street life, bring kids back into society and create the conditions for realising their full potential. Studying circus arts allows teenagers to fulfil their need for risk and undertake this in a socially acceptable manner. Upsala-Circus activities for the volunteer could be (in function of her skills):
- Attracting kids to the circus, organisation of daily acrobatic and juggling classes, classes in dance and acting skills
- Social support for kids and their families, assistance with official documentation, help in crisis situations
- Regular benefit performances in children homes, juvenile detention centres and other social welfare organisations
- Summer and winter camps
- English language lessons for teenagers and for the staff, informatica, ...
- Participation in international exchanges, circus and theatrical festivals, yearly tour to Europe
- Give to the young professionals the opportunity to live an important life experience and a great educational path, to increase important skills and knowledge, in a formal and non-formal way, and to be in contact with a different reality, culture, language.
- Help the youngsters to be aware of their rights and responsibilities
This project offers to the volunteer the opportunity to improve and develop her competences such as:
- learn a new language (Russian), as well as immerse herself in the culture and traditions of the host country (Russian Federation).
- Develop leadership and group-building skills through team working supporting disadvantaged children.
The volunteers is also encouraged to take an active part during the program practicing her skills as well to propose new ideas to the project.
The volunteers has to be a good ambassador of the European culture
Also the volunteer can improve her social skills:
- living in a different place, having an experience in knowing a new culture. This is important to have another point of view, and being aware to be European Citizenship.
- Develop intercultural skills through meeting different people from Russia as well as from other countries.
Consequently, according to the European key competences for life-long learning, throughout this project, the volunteer will have improvement in the competence areas below:
• Communication in foreign languages
• Digital competence
• Learning to learn
• Social and Civic competence
• Sense of Initiative and Entrepreneurship
• Cultural awareness and expression
On the personal level:
- Concrete realization of a personal project
- Better knowledge of oneself and
- Learning a personal autonomy (management of her resources, schedule, ability to make decisions, ...)
Through this project we hope to create a fruitful exchange of experience, knowledge, prospective, in individual, local and international level and so to build a good partnership in order to continue our cooperation in the future
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation