United Youth Combating Hate
Start date: May 11, 2015,
End date: May 10, 2016
“United Youth Combating Hate” is a long-term training program for youth workers and leaders of the EU and the Eastern Partnership - Bulgaria, Romania, Czech Republic, Macedonia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Moldova, Estonia, Georgia and Turkey. The project is aimed at developing skills in the fight against hate speech by training in human rights. The project tackles the more and more alarming situation among young people, namely the growing hatred and xenophobia caused by religious and ethnic conflict on international level. We believe that by working with young people and training more activists for the cause is the way to lead to positive change and build tolerance instead of hatred.
The project consists of two nobilities: a training course in Bulgaria from 3 to 10 August 2015, local activities in each partner`s community between August and December 2015 and a final evaluation seminar in Georgia from 15 to 20 December 2015.
“United Youth Combating Hate” long-term opportunity to increase the capacity of volunteers, coordinators and professional youth workers and youth leaders aged over 18 years. Participants must be motivated to become activists fighting against hate speech by becoming familiar with basic educational tools for human rights and the movement against hate speech. They should be able to attend both nobilities in Bulgaria and Georgia, and to commit to organize local initiatives as active European citizens.
The project will gather a total of 34 participants (30 participants and 4 trainers and facilitators). “United Youth Combating Hate “has the following objectives:
- To Increase the competencies of youth leaders and youth workers in the field of anti-hate speech and human rights
- To stimulate cooperation in the youth field and promote the organization of more initiatives and projects in the field of human rights and no- hate speech.
- To Stimulate organizing more local initiatives in partner countries and thus inform more young people about the ,, No hate speech "movement on a European scale.
- To Increase the international dimension of the work with young people, particularly in relation to training on human rights and anti-hate.
- To ensure the long-term and sustainable improvement of the quality of the work of partner organizations in this field.
We believe that this project will give a visible and long- lasting results in the fight against hate speech and human rights abuses, it will inform thousands of young people from the 10 partner countries by local initiatives, it will train 30 activists to fight for building tolerance instead of hatred and will increase the capacity of partner organizations working in this area and will encourage more organizations across Europe to start working in the field of education for human rights and No hate speech.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation