Une année de volontariat européen au service des a..
Une année de volontariat européen au service des autres
Start date: Aug 1, 2015,
End date: Sep 30, 2016
VISA-AD is a non profit Union of Associations that, since its setting up in 1959, has been offering to young people a formative experience by engaging in a voluntary service project of discovery, experimentation and self-construction.
For this project, we would like to host 1 volunteer in Region "Midi-Pyrénées". The young people that will participate to this project do not have a specific profile, except their motivation to live an experience of social solidarity and peace in an intercultural context.
Supporting young European volunteers means for us to give them the opportunity to experience life outside their usual boundaries, based on values of European and even worldwide citizenship construction. They contribute through their action to make Europe closer to people, to break down barriers of intolerance and mistrust and build a Europe strong of solidarity and sharing. Working together to build a more solid basis for Europe. To allow young people, through a voluntary service project, to discover other cultures for their own experience, but also to develop national and international relationships which objective is peace and justice. It’s reminding them through the EVS, the values of tolerance, solidarity, responsibility and mutual respect as the basis of our social life and the European Political project.
Taking part in the European Voluntary Service is also for us to help these young people to shape their own identity, become independent. It is not simply allowing them to live an adventure abroad, but of course also to accompany them in their experience and support them, reassure them and share with them the existential questions that may arise during their service, such as pain, disability, violence for example. Our desire is to see them out "grown" from this experience and prepared them to face the challenges of life. It’s about offering them at a crucial point in their lives, to find their limitations and strengths.
And there is truly nothing more gratifying for us than to notice year after year, with these young Europeans who will have to be makers of tomorrow in our society, the achievements of their volunteer experience; it’s precisely what we want them to live:
- a non-formal professional experience and intercultural learning, by facilitating social integration and discovery of community life, by getting involved, which will help them making future human, citizens and professional choices
- a contribution to the development of local communities
- a communication about the European programs through their testimonies
- a necessary follow-up that makes us discuss the experiences of other organizations.
- The development of networks of associations in France and abroad.
- a training in the citizenship consciousness that goes beyond interests .An invitation to see beyond the end of one’s nose and to expand its interests,
- more maturity and more confidence to undertake and to go ahead in life.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation