Uitdagingen en professionalisering in Europese con..
Uitdagingen en professionalisering in Europese context : naar een hoger leereffect in een kwaliteitsvolle school
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
VTI2 is a school for science, art and technology located in de center of Kortrijk. The school forms a pedagogical whole with VTI1, VTI3 and VTI4 and has close to 1000 students.
The school faces quite clearly the social and demographic evolution of the city and the region: multiculturalism, other language students, negative evolution of scholastic motivation, dropout ...
Since the screening by the Flemish government of September 2012, the school puts very actively to strengthen the teaching materials, activating teaching methods, professionalization of teachers ... to improve the quality of education offered and to increase the learning motivation and learning gains of the students.
The school makes a European development plan to work proactively to the challenges she will face in the short and medium term : reform of secondary education, implementation of the M-decreet (inclusion of students with special needs), project learning and teaching, developing competences in teaching and learning, advanced methods of ICT applications…
The specific needs of the school and the participants are at the moment :
- Working with quality models and plans;
- Dealing with reorganization and changes / innovations;
- Improve didactic competencies : integrate more supportive learning tools ( ICT) , more differentiation in education, more competence bases teaching and evaluation.
The school wants to work alongside the existing professionalisation of the teachers, on in a European project that covers two school years.
School year 2015-2016 : participation in two courses organized by Eekhoutcentrum
• Finnish lessons for EU Schools
• Education for Tomorrow
School year 2016-2017 : job shadowing in similar European Schools.
The school makes up a European development plan to work proactively to the challenges she will face in the short and medium term.
The expected impacts of the European development plan are :
- Increase the quality through implementation of quality systems;
- Increase the quality by meeting with the Finnish education system and the translation of this system to the own context;
- In a professional way teaching a diverse target audience (different social and linguistic backgrounds, special educational needs, learning motivation);
- In a professional way applying the principles of competence-developing education and integrated evaluation of knowledge, attitudes and skills;
- Integrate in a professional way more learning tools (ICT - integration);
- In a professional way applying teaching methods and assessment methods that enhance learning motivation and learning outcomes of the students;
- Increasing the motivation of the learners to learn by new activating methods and differentiation and competence-based assessment;
• Learners that through effective feedback and evaluation take responsibility for their own learning process.
The learning outcomes will be included in an action plan for the curriculum of the school.
Participants will be selected from the management, middle management, teachers and teaching assistants . A good engagement is expected in the preparation, the activities themselves and the dissemination and implementation afterwards. Participants will develop pilot projects for educational innovation and have responsibility for the implementation in the various departments of the school.
The school has developed a roadmap in which evaluation points are included. Thanks to an intense collaboration with VTI1 and VTI4, the school can count on experience of internationalization of colleagues.
The learning effects will be shared in the extensive internal and external network of the school.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation