Typical Food in a Quality Typical Catering
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
The project aims at the development of the regional catering . The restoration , linked to the use of local products and quality, is acquiring an increasingly important role , especially when it is able to express itself in terms of promotion and protection of the values and traditions of the area .
Food and wine can be one of the strongest and most recognizable tourist attractions of a territory and the typical product becomes the driving force for promoting a practical and effective promotion, until you get to the complementary aspects of tourism, cultural and environmental heritage , in a dimension of exchange and mutual aid .
For this reason, it is becoming an increasingly strong need to utilize and promote local products to optimize the catering offer genuinely typical . It is therefore necessary to improve the skills of those who traditionally work in catering and in its supply chain, trying to train professionals no more simple operator , but true " Ambassador " of taste and culture of the area , specialized in promotion and restoration, proficient in the choice of foods as local products and not just in being able to cook or serve or advise on the table, but above all able to offer visitors a wider range of local products.
The project " Quality in a Typical Food Typical Catering' , aimed at young people in initial training of 3° , 4° and 5°years of vocational schools respectively in Turin , Nuoro, Palermo, Florence and Todi. The project aims to train the people who will devote themselves to managing a catering having some basic skills :
- Powers "techniques" . The operator must have a thorough knowledge of the local area , products and services , not limited exclusively to food and wine but also extended to the cultural , environmental and recreational facilities that the area has to offer.
- Powers "management" . The operator must be able to manage the restaurant business both in terms of the ordinary administration and in terms of relationships with suppliers of raw materials.
- Powers " language ." The importance of knowing how to interact with visitors in a foreign language is evident.
- Skills in marketing : to introduce a very concrete and focused marketing. The marketing for food quality is inextricably territorial marketing : promoting that part of food business can also come to the complementary aspects of responsible tourism , cultural heritage and environmental issues.
The project will thus form three new professionals for this sector:
-the eco - chef
-the expert in eco - marketing.
The target group is represented by 210 students of 3rd, 4th and 5th years of educational institutes involved, who have not yet eighteen years at the time of the selection, showing keen interest in the experience, who have obtained a minimum score of 8/10 in the subjects of interest.
The main activities that will be planned, organized and implemented are:
1 - publication of the notice
2 - selection of candidates
3 - pre-departure training of the selected participants , who have confirmed their participation in the program
4 - internship in a company in the host country
5 - cultural activities in the host country
6 - assessment
7 - validation of skills
8 - dissemination and follow-up.
The methodology used will be that of non-formal education , putting candidates in a real learning situation (after a period of preparation ) in which they'll practice the studied theory acquiring / honing soft skills.
There will be a monitoring of the entire project , recording of results and validation of competences acquired thanks to ECVET system.
The results will be :
- acquisition of skills, abilities and knowledge within catering and the promotion of the territory;
-acquiring/improvement of soft skills such as soft skills in all areas of work ;
-acquiring/improvement of linguistic and intercultural skills ;
-traing/enrichment of the concept of European citizenship;
- Achieving a higher level of professional qualification.
The impact we'll have:
- at the local level on schools , students and families
-at national and European level with the establishment of a network of companies , stakeholders, policy makers , associations able to exchange good practice and work in a network to promote their professional development .
The long-term benefits are:
- the formation of new professionals that enrich the labor market, incontrandone demand;
- the establishment of a European network of actors that promote the education of students targeted at work
The expected result will be professionals capable of developing/improving the catering industry with the skills/competencies gained, creating international links in Italian companies. This will be the most ambitious and important result of the partnership network create by local and international partners, between schools and business realities strenghtening the cooperation between the two sectors.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation