TURN CREATIVITY INTO BUSINESS
Start date: Aug 1, 2014,
End date: Jul 31, 2016
The crisis in Europe has stricken all sectors and people of all ages, but the most affected category were young people. They find themselves confronted with an unfriendly and unwelcoming job market. Their attempts to find decent jobs are most of the time unsuccessful. The filed of cultural industries was a much neglected and ignored sector, young people being almost banned from entering it. Despite all these, many talented young people knock at the door of cultural industries and a good chance for them is to become entrepreneurs.
Therefore, our project will bring 42 young people from 6 different countries: Romania, Bulgaria, Armenia, Italy, Georgia, Ukraine in order to make them develop their entrepreneurial skills in creative industries. The activity will take place in Timisoara, Romania, from 20 to 30 July 2015.
Our objectives are as follows:
- the general objective of the project is to develop entrepreneurial skills and abilities of young people in the field of creative industries
- secondary objectives:
- stimulating creativity and innovation among this group of people and beyond it.
- fight against unemployment and against the lost generation mentality, by providing young people with solutions and instruments to become creative industries entrepreneurs
- enhance cooperation with other organizations (especially with those from partner countries not Programme countries)
- promote diversity and tolerance among young people
- to influence authorities in taking favorable measures to encourage creative industries entrepreneurship
The activities we will put in place are:
- workshop on entrepreneurship with a the active involvement of participants (they will elaborate a business plan according to their interest in the filed of creative industries); methodology to be used: presentations, questions and answers sessions, debate, group work and also public cafeteria
- creative workshop- creative or creative industries products to be realized by participants (methodology: group work, Origami)
- traditions and culture of each country ( methodology to be used: presentations and representations by each group/role play- proving artistical skills and also a treasure hunt in Timisoara and in the county)
- activities such as visits of art and architecture galleries, theater plays or concerts, karaoke and sport activities
The impact and results expected are as follows:
- at the end of the mobility the participants will be able to elaborate their own business plan in the field of creative industries
- the participants will increase their creative and innovative skills
- they will be more like to be inserted in the job market/entrepreneurial market
- they will become tolerant and understand better other cultures and traditions
- the organisations will improve their cooperation skills and their competence on undertaking projects on creative industries
- authorities will be lobbied in order to focus on creative industries legislation
- on the long term, participants will be assisted by the organisations in opening their own business, a platform will be created where young people from across Europe can share experiences, a handbook on creative industries entrepreneurship and TURN BUSINESS INTO CREATIVITY will be produces and well disseminated
The impact therefore will spread beyond the target group of this mobility putting a new subject on the agenda of young people and youth organisations.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation