TRIP & CLIP - Giovani e Città a Confronto
Start date: Mar 2, 2015,
End date: Mar 1, 2016
The project "TRIP & CLIP - Young and City in Comparison" is promoted by the Cooperative LA STRADA, a non-profit organization operating in Milan and its youth centre located in a in a suburban neighbourhood , in partnership with GEKO eV, non-profit organization active in Berlin and engaged in promoting of European policies and education and social inclusion of young people and the CITY OF MARACENA (Andalusia), through its youth Centre, which provides training, youth policies and the promotion of involvement of young people.
The project was created to provide inclusion opportunities addressed to the youth living in the considered urban areas and neighbourhoods characterized by fragilities and poverty of different types (social differences, low opportunities and low life expectations).
The young participating in the project belong mostly to situations of fragility and poverty of different types and have few economic opportunities, social and relational. Many of them:
- are at risk of exit from the training regular input in precarious work activities, occasional or illegal
- live experiences of exclusion or self-exclusion in education, social and educational than their peers with more opportunities,
- live the neighbourhood as a the only social horizon and place of aggregation,
- have difficulty in expressing their concerns and potentiality and to participate actively and positively to the local community.
The main objective of the project is (through the peer learning and the use of techniques of non-formal education) to develop in participants:
- Interpersonal and communication skills and ability to cooperate as a group,
- Reinforcement of the values of leadership, solidarity, democracy, friendship,
- Expertise in the field of knowledge of techniques of video making, the use of the web and ICT,
- Conscious use of most common communication tools,
- Knowledge of different cultures, customs, lifestyles and cities and then expanding its cultural, historical and artistic background,
- Openness to new experiences and ability to move at an international level,
- Comparison with experiences that young people like them do in other contexts and capacity to learn from each other,
- Development of lasting relationships with young people from other countries,
all that through interaction and confrontation between groups of young people from three different European cities (Milan, Berlin, Maracena in Spain) and through the educational and formative instrument of Video making.
Besides the ones who will participate in exchanges, the project will have an impact on other young people and families in the neighbourhoods, who will attend project activities on site, and youth operators that will have the opportunity to exchange experience among themselves on the different working methodologies on informal education for young people .
The three project partners will have the opportunity to meet and borrow from each other good ideas and practices for the inclusion of the most disadvantaged young people in the local urban contests.
The project will be developed through the following activities:
- PREPARATORY MEETING (Milan - March-April 2015)
- PROJECT PROMOTION and SELECTION of PARTICIPANTS (April 2015)
- WORKSHOPS on VIDEOMAKING (from May 2015 for the duration of the project) and observation and critical account of reality, through literacy video, shooting, mounting hardware and post-production, use of social media and web technologies.
- PREPARATORY WORKSHOPS FOR YOUTH EXCHANGES (June to November)
- Two YOUTH EXCHANGES youth in MILAN and BERLIN (July and December 2015) for a period of 7 days, which will be attended 20 young Italian, 20 German and 10 Spanish people. They will work together looking and filming the urban context of their own life comparing it to that of the others, in order to seek what there is of similar or different in their own reality. During the workshop young people will visit and film the city and the neighbourhood, organized into focus groups, will discuss the differences and similarities through the construction of video material. Furthermore they will begin to use web technologies as a start up of by distance exchange.
- MEETING OF MONITORING AND EVALUATION (January 2016 on web)
- Dissemination of results (July '15-March '16), through: two public meetings during the youth exchanges; set up of a web platform, social networks, local, national and international press meetings and media meetings.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation