TransformAct! : Movements for social and democrati..
TransformAct! : Movements for social and democratic change
Start date: Feb 1, 2015,
End date: Sep 1, 2015
The main activity of the Project “TransformAct!” took place in Barcelona from 11th to 19th May 2015. The activity gathered 27 participants from Belarus, Ukraine, Georgia, Italy, Macedonia and Spain, which represented different active organizations in their countries. The main objective of the project was to gather activists from different european organizations to share experiencies and strategies, develop their competences and meet with some of the most active movements within spanish and catalán society, deepening in their strategies and methods to involve big constituencies and develop activities through nonviolent means.
The main objectives of the activity were:
- Strengthen the campaign impact from the local civil society for social transformation/
- Provide practical tools for channeling conflict through nonviolent strategies
- Know and exchange good practices among nonviolent social movements that promote active citizenship in each participating country
- Promote the values of European citizenship and show its links with the Culture of Peace and Human Rights
To reach these objectives, a course took place with the participants described above. The course, which used in nonformal education, consisted of the following thematic blocks:
- Introduction to intelligent groups to organize campaigns, activities and organizations;
- Social transformation, values and principles of the organizations;
- Nonviolence and logical/theoretical framework of nonviolent action;
- Communication during campaigns and activities
- Internal and external analysis of the organizations/movements and the social context
- Meetings with organizations and social movements from Spain
- Project development in cooperation and/or at local level
The activity contributed to participants’ acquiring of knowledge and inspirational ideas to initiate, develop and adapt their activities and daily practicies of their organizations. In this sense, participants evaluated the activity, and highlighted the new knowledge, ideas, strategies and inspiration to change and improve the dynamics of their organizations. As a tangible result, during the project each group developed plans to improve and develop activities in each of their countries.
The process contributed, looking a the final evaluation of the participants and the actions taken after the course, to strenghten and improve the organizations’ strategies, generate dynamics of international cooperation and empower youngsters to become agents of change and participate in a more direct way in the politcal life.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation