Transformación e Innovación Educativas en el IES E..
Transformación e Innovación Educativas en el IES El Fontanal
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
IES El Fontanal is a Secondary School in Lebrija (Seville), town with a population of about 27,600 inhabitants, located between the capital cities of Seville and Cádiz. Its Project, School Transformation and Innovation at IES EL Fontanal, is developed under the absolute conviction that it will endow the School with the necessary strategies and tools to consolidate its strengths and eliminate its weaknesses, providing it with the European conscience a Bilingual School needs. This is reinforced by the fact that the School is on its way to offering all its pupils bilingual studies.
The School has always promoted and taken part in training activities to improve the school results, the coordination of the teachers in the biligual programme, the linguistic competence of the students and the lifelong learning process of the teachers, mainly dealing with methodology. This Project develops from the School Training Plan, which was designed by the School Management Staff and the School Training, Evaluation and Innovation Department, with the actual cooperation of all the body of teachers, working on a summary of strengths and weaknesses, which were individually analysed and subsequently put in common. These are the objectives and expected results devised in order to overcome the main needs:
- Improve attention to diversity, so that every student can learn according to their possibilities.
- Employ active participatory methodologies, so that the students can acquire the key competences.
- Employ cooperative strategies and structures that give cohesion to the whole school.
- Raise the motivation of the teachers by strengthening their teaching competences.
- Raise the motivation of the students by improving their school results.
- Create a European conscience in the school community, with possible strategic associations from different European countries.
In order to reach the aforementioned goals, the School has planned the following movility actions during two years:
- One-week attendance to a course on methodological and linguistic issues for 2 teachers of English (L2) or French (L3) in Ireland or France, provided by training organisations for foreign language teachers, with special attention to new teaching ideas and motivating materials to improve the linguistic competence of the students, according to the CEFR criteria. The stay in countries where the target language is spoken is important to refresh and improve the teachers' language skills.
- One-week attendance to a course on CLIL methodology for 3 teachers of non-linguistic subjects in English within the bilingual School programme in the United Kingdom, provided by training organisations for non-linguistic subjects teachers, with special attention to new teaching ideas and motivating materials.
- One-week attendance to a collegiality course for the coordinator of the bilingual School programme in the United Kingdom. The aim is to foster and improve the coordination between the non-linguistic subjects teachers and the English teachers of the bilingual programme.
- One-week attendance to a course on coordination, organisation and assessment in highly recognised schools in Ireland for a member of the management staff. The course includes job shadowing.
- One-week attendance to a course on coordination, organisation and assessment in highly recognised schools in Finland for a member of the management staff. The course includes job shadowing.
In order to make sure the results have a long-term impact on the School and its community, assessment and dissemination systems will be devised. Thus, the new teaching precedures will be included in the School Plan and published in the School official website. The European Developing Plan and the didactic programmes will be coveniently updated. Moreover, the School will hold training sessions and workshops for all its staff and will make the most of ICT (website, blogs and social networks), so that the new accomplishments can reach the whole community. The School will also design quantity and quality indicators to acknowledge the training process and guarantee the success of the Project.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation