Trainers prepatory visit : European Diversity Days..
Trainers prepatory visit : European Diversity Days: Pride no Prejudice
Start date: Aug 1, 2015,
End date: Nov 30, 2015
A participative process : "European Diversity Days: Pride no more prejudice" : Building the program
During a training course in Cyprus "Power to empower" 3 youth workers felt the need to play a role in breaking out of the classical prejudice and create consciousness of the richness of diversity and that personal choices of gender experiences and sexuality are allowed and respected in our multicultural society.
The idea of organising a training course to empower youth workers/youth leaders was born to support young European people to explore and express their own and true identity and to be an actor able to propose valid instrument for fighting discrimination.
The next step is to build together with these partners a strong program for their youth workers/leaders in Ghent (place where also the TC will take place) through the development of a awareness-raising training course.
Sharing our knowledge, experiences and good practises and decide which method we will use
* to discover which gender norms and stereotypes we have in our European society
* to raise awareness of your own gender and sexual identity and from there a critical thinking and acting
* to explore and develop competences in key concepts for incorparating gender analyses and respecting sexual diversity in youth work
* to share opinions, experiences and practices of organizations on how to prevent homophobia in youth work and to be actor able to propose valid instrument for fighting discrimintation
* to build thrust and find international partners among partcipants and to create space for project building
* to learn more about the funding possibilities of the Erasmus + program and create a network for future cooperation.
Number and profile of participants
3 professional youth workers with experiences in the field of trainings/leadership skills and who are specialized in these subjects (gender, sexual diversity, religion) and have different theoretical (sociologist, lawyer) and geographical backgrounds (Spain, Croatia, Belgium).
Non formal interactive methods: group work, discussion, sharing knowledge, experience and good practises, intercultural activitities, exploring local realities, reflection.
Short description of results and impact
* a strong program for the European Diversity Days
* a good connection between the trainers
* improvement of professional, organizational and communication skills
Longer term benefits
* a strategic partnership between the organizations to organise training courses or other activitities
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation