Traditions..Today and Tomorrow!
Start date: Aug 1, 2015,
End date: Apr 30, 2016
“Traditions..today and tomorrow” is a youth exchange of nine days on the topic of traditional crafts and youth employability. The youth exchange will take place in Verbania and will involve 30 participants and 6 leaders from Italy, Spain, Portugal, Romania, Croatia and Poland. The project will involve especially NEETs who are facing difficulties from the social and economic point of view and also some youngsters with geographical fewer opportunities.
The main aims of the youth exchange are:
- to offer to the participants an experience of intercultural learning;
- to provide participants with the knowledge of traditional crafts,
- to stimulate the development of creativity, talents and practical skills,
- to promote the employability of young people through the development of practical and manual skills
- to stimulate youngsters to begin a self-awareness process in the work field, by sharing the different ideas about the work.
The activities will promote, in the first two days, the creation of a link between the participants, then they will consist in the discovery of the topic we're going to deal with, with the realization of workshops and opportunities for discussion and dialogue, as well as with the implementation of intercultural evenings; all activities will promote non-formal education and allow the full inclusion of all participants. Moreover participants will be involved in the preparation of a visibility final event on traditional crafts open to the citizenry and inglobed in a bigger event, really popular in the local area and named “Antichi mestieri” where the artisans will open their own workshop to the community. Inside thi kind of frame there will be also the opportunity to promote the mobility opportunities offered by the programme Erasmus+.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation