Towards rural territory youth worker professional ..
Towards rural territory youth worker professional development
Start date: Sep 1, 2014,
End date: Jan 1, 2015
Project “Towards rural territory youth worker professional development” is youth worker mobility in Lisbon with aim -improve professional development of youth worker in the form of a job shadowing.
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES what will be reached during mobility-
1) Improve the level of key competences and skills of youth workers;
2) Foster quality improvements in youth work, in particular through enhanced international cooperation between organizations in the field of youth work;
3) Enhance the international dimension of youth work by share youth work’s methods;
WORKING METHODS USED: job shadowing work program will consist of mix of exercises, role-plays, simulations, outdoor activities, workshops, debates, team building activities, energizers, ice-breaking games.
PARTICIPANTS- Apes Jauniešu klubs “Sliedes” (Latvia) 1 participant, Cronoworld (Portugal) 1 participant.
Cronoworld has its consultancy department that’s in charge of 5 main segments and Ape youth club youth worker during 2 months will shadow each segment responsible person (job shadowing time from 1 week till 3 weeks). Job shadowing time will be divided mainly on the beginning of each week depends on each segment responsible person load. Week division is proportional based on youth worker mobility goals and expectations:
1) International applications for grants that support several fields (3 weeks);
2) Management and mentoring of approved projects ( 2 weeks);
3) Evaluation and audit of approved projects ( 1 week);
4) Strategic consultancy for NGO's, Local authorities and Foundations ( 1 week);
5) Training and empowerment of youth leaders/workers (1 week);
1) Improve competences linked to their professional profile;
2) Develop understanding and responsiveness to social, cultural and linguistic diversity;
3) Increase ability to address the needs of the disadvantaged;
4) Increase opportunity for professional and career development;
5) Improve foreign languages competences;
6) Increase motivation and satisfaction of daily work;
7) Increase support for and promotion of mobility activities for learners.
During mobility activity project participating organizations will gain fallowing outcomes:
1) Increased capacity to operate in EU and international level;
2) Reinforced cooperation with partners from other countries;
3) Increased quality in the preparation, implementation, monitoring and follow up of EU and international projects;
4) Improved youth work methods and practices to actively involve young people and/or to address disadvantaged groups;
5) Develop a more modern, dynamic, committed and professional environment inside the organization;
Long term benefit definitely will be youth worker gained competences, what will be used to quality improve youth work, also international cooperation between organizations.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation