Toward Economic Empowerment of Roma Youth
Start date: Sep 1, 2014,
End date: Jan 31, 2015
Activity type: Training and networking of youth workers - Partner Countries
Dates: November 10 – 18, 2014.
Countries involved: Germany, Romania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Serbia, Kosovo*, Albania, Macedonia, Armenia, Azerbaijan.
Target group will be mixed - the half of our participants will be of Roma nationality and half will not be, but also we are open for all the people who wish to be actively involved in working with Roma youth and their issues (youth workers, youth leaders, NGO activists).
Number of participants: 30
Number of trainers: 2
Number of staff: 2
The main goals of the project:
- Contribute to decrease the number of unemployed Roma people
- Stimulating of the creativity and entrepreneurship
- Networking with other organizations working on the same problem
- To network with other organizations working with Roma issue
- To provide 9 days of training course that covers: awareness about different countries, cultures, traditions and policies
- Transferring the knowledge and promoting the Erasmus+ Programme among a large number of young people from the local communities
The following will be used as non-formal methods of learning: workshops, brainstorming, facilitated discussions, problem solving initiatives, guided visualizations, creative writing exercises and simulations, then individual, team work and group tasks, evaluation questionnaire and learning points, practical activities, exchange of knowledge and experience, and mixture of outdoor activities.
Our activities are covering fallowing themes: different models of economic empowerment of Roma youth, functional non-formal education for Roma, basic management skills, communication skills, the ability to work both as part of a team and independently, writing CV, the attitude of active citizenship and active participation in the local community, ability to work in an multi-cultural team, an attitude of tolerance and understanding towards new cultures, ability to network and make contacts, knowledge needed for writing projects and submitting applications as well as all necessary information about possibilities that Erasmus+ program is providing, etc. This training course also promotes tolerance among young people, considering the concrete target group. We have also devoted the special sessions for that.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation