Start date: Dec 31, 2014,
End date: Dec 30, 2015
The mobility program "Together" was implemented within the overall strategy of Kids in Action cooperation with organizations from Europe, to combat social exclusion phenomena. The aim of the program was the coexistence and collaboration of people with or without disabilities and the special feature was the interaction of young people with or without disabilities in a context which included the preparation of groups of partners on artistic matters, recreational and sporting nature and application of learning outputs in educational interactive workshops with disabled people.
The youth exchange took place from 18th to 28th of August 2015 in a summer camp site, which hosts every year about 150 people (children and adults) with disabilities. 62 young people from 10 different countries (with and without disabilities) have actively participated in an educational program which was divided into two levels:
a. the teamwork of the participants to prepare creative activities (arts and sports) for people with disabilities
b. the implementation of the above organised activities with the campers in real time and space.
The entire program was fully integrated the principles of non-formal education and had first priority the pedagogical value of coexistence of people from different cultural, geographical or social environment.
The program objectives were:
- Acquaintance and coexistence of people with or without disabilities.
- Understanding of the difficulties faced by people with disabilities in their daily lives
- The exchange with corresponding structures of experience and good practices for people with disabilities working in EU countries
- The use of alternative activities (arts and sports), the creative and entertainment of people with disabilities
- Developing and strengthening the skills to care issues, rehabilitation and social integration
- Integrate the principles of the European Disability Strategy (2010-2020).
Young people participated in creative art workshops and developed their artistic and communication skills, their knowledge about foreclosure effects on the basis of disability and how they are treated.
Among the partners are already planned relevant activities (youth exchanges, training projects for young people and youth workers) which will incorporate best practices, suggestions, techniques that were positively evaluated during the project.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation