Ticket to ride
Start date: Aug 1, 2015,
End date: Dec 31, 2016
"Ticket to ride" is an EVS project and arises from the common aims of two organisations to develop the learning process and the youth personal/professional development through mobility experience. We built the project on volunteer's need and on his suggestions.
Its objectives are:
1. Providing youth volunteer mobility opportunities to grow up and develop skills and intercultural competences (and job skills for the future);
2. Developing the growing of local contest and population standard of life through the support action of EVS volunteer especially in the field of EU information, European opportunities and projects promotions in local environment and entities;
3. Strenghtening of bounds of trust and cooperation between Sending and Hosting Organisation;
4. Promotion of Youthpass and non-formal education recognizement-
5. Self-assessment of the experience for the volunteer and organizations through the production of a diary, blog articles and short videos with experiences and good EVS practices- to use as outputs for promotion and diffusion.
The project foresees two organisations (Associazione Agrado- Italy- as SO and CO, and "Check-In- Cooperaçao e desenvolvimento"- Portugal- as RO) and an already selected italian volunteer (Marco Politano) a 28 year boy already member in Associazione Agrado, at the moment unemployed but talented and willing to develop new competences and attitudes.
The volunteer will be sent to spend 12 EVS months to Lisbon (4th October 2015- 3rd October 2016) in Associaçao Check-In.
The volunteer there will be integrated in different activities:
- promoting art and culture thought the support of initiatives to increase the cultural participation (exhibitions, workshops and seminars);
- with the association's staff will develop Youth Information activities for members and young people: setting up a Youth Info centre and promoting European opportunities and the Programme Erasmus+ in schools, Universities, Municipalities and NGOs;
- helping the staff to promote/plan international projects (they will contact partners and participants, promotion and prepare projects, to upload the website and facebook, to share the volunteer experience and make documental activities), and logistic support, promotion and support during all processof the project.
- He will have the chance to develop a personal project, based on his interests and needs.
The methodology proposed in the project will be based on pillars of non-formal education and on learning by doing and coaching. These will meet the aims of volunteer personal and social development, through the contact with the life, language and culture of the local community and of the hosting organization.
The 2 organisations will support the volunteer through an accurate preparation and on-arrival training/mid-term training, and will guarantee a tutor and mentor for the Volunteer involvement and development. Contacts with the Sending Organisation with counseling methodologies will facilitate the process of integration of the volunteer and the focus on his own objectives and needs.
We expect that this experience will have a strong impact: the volunteer will have a life experience, facing every day challenges and tasks.
It will be a way to orientate and build his future life too and to learn about culture, methodologies, language.
Volunteer will gain new knowledge about Portugal, learn to deal with cultural shocks and differences, develop team-work skills in intercultural environment, improve English language skills and learn Portuguese language.
Moreover he will improve intercultural communication skills, learn how to run activities for youth, about youth work and non-governmental/volunteering sector and about Erasmus+ Programme.
The Volunteer will increase his intercultural knowledge that will help himto avoid/ reduce negative attitudes towards other cultures and cultural misunderstandings, he will arise his self-efficacy and self confidence for life and work.
For the 2 organizations this project represents a great benefit to develop a further cooperation and partnership in an European level, and it is a way to develope competences in managing EVS projects and to change and make better their local environment and communities, enriching them with inputs and social growing.
We foresee this project has a strong long impact also on the other youngsters in Italy and in Lisbon district, to promote Erasmus+ opportunities and the benefits coming from mobility learning. We expect that through this project and its results diffusion we can improve the level of diffusion of European opportunities in the youth of the 2 local environments, causing a chain reaction in trying mobility projects.
It's foreseen the production of a volunteer diary, blog articles and short videos with experiences and good EVS practices to spread as outputs of the projects and availables online for all the youth, youth workers and organizations.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation