Third Sector for Europe 2020 - TSEU2020
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
The social world has, within the European Union, a growing importance. Think of the voluntary, social economy, the importance of active citizenship and the third sector in general for the development of those values of solidarity, social cohesion, equality, which are the basis of a just and sustainable development, as also stated by 'Europe 2020 agenda.
The Erasmus Plus has embraced these instances, transferring them into the world of education, as we find in particular in 'Strategic objective 3: "Promoting equity, social cohesion and active citizenship".
How has the world's third sector should contribute to the objectives of Europe 2020, as well as sectoral targets and strategic context education?
First we recall how the world of the third sector is perhaps the most important area of non-formal learning in Europe, through volunteering and active citizenship (a study promoted by the European Commission estimated in 2010 at about 100 million citizens engaged in activities volunteer). These activities are also, for many young people, a bridge to the world of work.
Another aspect concerns the importance of subsidiarity and the social economy for the development of an inclusive Europe.
The development plan of the European medium-term ForTeS intends to respond to a series of training needs and development that emerge from the comparison with the above context and new challenges at national and European level that it entails. These requirements relate to various areas:
- MANAGEMENT OF ORGANIZATIONS OF THE THIRD SECTOR; This area incorporates the need for staff Fortes to improve their knowledge and skills in the management of third sector organizations in a European perspective, to transmit them to the many managers and leaders of social organizations that the foundation meets annually.
- CONTINUOUS LEARNING. This requirement reflects the need to adapt - even in a European perspective - the staff of the Foundation that focuses on training the trainers and leaders of associations, which deal with the training of its volunteers, its staff and members.
- Internationalization. This area corresponds to the need, by the Foundation Fortes, to expand its expertise in the field of European cooperation and internationalization.
The Plan of internationalization and European cooperation ForTeS on the medium term will be developed through:
- Training abroad for staff members;
- Implementation of measures for the transfer of skills and knowledge gained in mobility;
- Implementation of a sector dedicated to European cooperation.
The plan will involve the following figures:
• Manager function of organization and planning of the training activities.
• Staff ForTeS engaged in training of the third sector in the whole Italian territory.
• Staff ForTeS engaged in training the trainers' associations.
• Staff of the design.
The educational objectives in the three areas of development and internationalization described concern:
- Scope of the management of third sector organizations and communication
Contents: social economy, evaluation of actions, human resources management in the third sector, social communication, organizational and legislative aspects of the third sector in Europe; the third sector and the objectives of Europe 2020.
- Participants: 8 staff members, managers 2 6 trainers.
- Scope of lifelong learning and the recognition of skills
Contents: training trainers in active methodologies. Methodologies for identifying and recognizing the skills acquired by volunteers and members of the third sector organizations
Participants: 10 members of staff, two managers and eight trainers.
- Scope European projects and internationalization.
Contents: European design; management of European cooperation projects.
- Participants: 2 staff members.
Contents: study English language, with particular attention to the technical vocabulary specific professional ,.
- Participants: 2 staff members.
The impact on participants in mobility activities will cover:
- Specific learning, according to the different areas described;
- Soft skills;
- Mobility will have an impact on the level of European awareness.
The local impact of the project is related to the fact that the increase of specific skills in support services to third sector organizations, will produce an effect on the organizations with which ForTeS work.
The increased awareness and competence of staff ForTeS at European level will create the conditions for greater cooperation ForTeS at European and international level.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation