The Organic Way - Youth Social Entrepreneurship
Start date: Jan 19, 2015,
End date: Feb 18, 2016
The Organic Way - Youth Social Entrepreneurship was a project involving 50 senior and junior youth workers of different ages from 6 partner organisations: Zelsirdibas Misija Dzivibas Ediens (Latvia), Paratlan Ajandek Alapitvany (Hungary), Drustvo za duso (Slovenia), Stichting Hare Krishna Kerkgenootschap (the Netherlands), Generacion Oom (Spain) and Lune de Pantin (France). All the organisations are active in youth work, connected with areas of healthy lifestyles, education, youth unemployment and social work. The partners expressed their mutual interest in creating a network based on strong partnerships aimed to connect more and exchange the good practices in relevant areas of their work.
The project lasted for 13 months, it started on 19th of January 2015 and ended on 20th of February 2016. It involved 3 meetings/trainings of youth workers in Latvia, Hungary and the Netherlands. The meetings was based on different combinations of outdoor activities (organic gardening, field trips, yoga), educational trainings (seminars, workshops on transversal skills and innovative methods of youth work), learning opportunities of European instruments/certificates (Youthpass, Europass CV) and practical management education (fundraising for organisations on national and international level, grant writing, Erasmus+ opportunities presentations). During the partner meetings, photos and videos of activities were taken and put into media forms which summarized the events and practical results attained. We took photos and videos of educational activities, practical outdoor activities (ie planting the garden) and feedback from the youth from local communities who attended the meetings. The conclusions of the meetings were:
- in Latvia - preparatory event (transversal skills development, outreach for youth),
- in Hungary - practical development event (European instruments, outdoor activities),
- in the Netherlands - summarization of the gained experience (fundraising, entrepreneurship ideas for youth).
The objectives of the project were:
1) Creating a platform for a European network of organisations active in the areas of youth work, healthy lifestyles, youth unemployment and social entrepreneurship;
2) The project aimed to directly tackle the problem of youth unemployment in modern society suggesting the alternative ways of youth engagement by changing the urban-rural paradigm and empowering youth by nature itself;
3) Youth social entrepreneurship is an increasingly common approach to engaging youth in solving social problems. Our project promoted these efforts through a variety of incentives, engaging youth in producing environmentally-friendly products and putting them on business market;
4) Promoting healthy lifestyles through organic gardening, production of environmentally-friendly products, raising awareness on healthy relationships. These topics are very important in modern world and are officially stressed by the “Food group” in European Parliament, so we think that this project was parallel with their objectives and offers added value in finding the high-quality solutions achievable locally and globally;
5) Professionalisation and development of key competences and skills for youth workers;
6) Improvement of managerial skills through exchange of good practices in their work, which resulted in better quality and increased motivation of the staff for their activities in youth working area;
7) Learning of innovative and improved ways of operating towards target groups, by providing more modern and attractive programs created at the meetings, for young people, volunteers and young NEETs in line with their needs and expectations;
8) Getting more experience and develop knowledge in area of EU/local project management and grant writing and in that way to find new financial resources for the projects (on local, regional and international level);
9) Establishing 2 new non-profit organisations out of non-formal youth groups in France and Spain.
After the meetings of youth workers, we held dissemination public event (already drafted in preparatory stage of the project), where the results of the project were shown (photo and video diary of the project, presentations by participants on subjects learned at meetings, promotion of Erasmus+ program opportunities etc.). On this events local stakeholders (youth NGOs and other educational and youth-working organizations, local municipality) and media were invited for purpose of further dissemination of the project
The long term effect of the project will be seen through the newly formed network of organisations where the youth workers will have more opportunities for professionalisation, skills and experience development and to improve the implementation of their learned experiences in local communities and outreach their target groups more effectively.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation