The Entrepreneur SHIP
Start date: May 1, 2015,
End date: Oct 31, 2016
With this project InterCollege (UK) and its partners aimed to promote cooperation between organisations in the EU and its neighbouring countries in order to foster entrepreneurship among young people, while simultaneously creating and solidifying new partnerships for future cooperation between the participating organisations, through a Contact Making Event (CME) in Moldova in October 2015.
This project achieved the following objectives:
- Made participants and their respective organisations reflect on the importance of fostering entrepreneurship competences among youth.
- Explored the role of non-formal education in the promotion of entrepreneurship amongst youth.
- Gave partners opportunity to develop projects that focus on common interests under the Erasmus+ Programme.
- Built and established partnerships and future cooperation between the partner organisations in matters affecting entrepreneurship among youth.
- Created concrete proposals for promoting entrepreneurial spirit among youth through international projects designed within Erasmus+ Programme.
- Improved participants' and organisations’ quality of work, and broaden their ideas through intercultural communication and cooperation.
- Offered reflections upon own and partners potential to create visibility, dissemination, exploitation and local impact of projects.
The 30 (35 incl. facilitators and support staff) participants partaking in this CME were non-formal educators/youth leaders working in some capacity at the partner organisations. The participants cooperated to create concrete proposals for promoting entrepreneurial spirit among youth through international projects designed within the framework of the Erasmus+ Programme.
Participants have represented their organisations through presentations, organisational speed-dating and through own activities.
The results from this project were that the participants produced 4 concrete project proposals promoting entrepreneurship among youth that will be implemented by the participating organisations.
The CME has further established lasting partnerships between the participating organisations. The participants and the organisations they represented have been inspired by and introduced to new perspectives on the relevant fields (entrepreneurship, youth, non-formal education) through cooperation with the other participants and organisations, and have strengthened their capacity to promote these.
The potential long-term benefits are that youth are gaining entrepreneurial spirit through non-formal education projects, and thus helping fight unemployment and poverty while becoming empowered active citizens in the process.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation